Returning

BEEP BEEP BEEP

You groaned, reaching out an arm and slamming your hand down on your alarm clock.

With a yawn, you pushed yourself up into a sitting position, rubbing sleep from your eyes as you slid out of bed. Your bandages moved uncomfortably as you forced yourself to stand up, grumbling at process of waking up early again.

"I'm respecting your privacy by knocking, but asserting my authority as your parent by coming in anyway!"

And with that, your mom bounded into the room, big smile on her face with her hands clasped together. You could tell she was faking it.

"Looking forward to your first day back at school?"

Despite the exhaustion you felt, you immediately perked up after those words. That's why you had gotten up early, it was your first day back at UA after a week of recovery. Your mom tried to make you stay off for longer, she was still worried and you could just make out the slight tremble in her voice.

But you had been insistent, you needed to go back to school as soon as possible.

"Are you sure you don't need another day? Or a week? I can ring the school and-"

"Mom." You sighed, grabbing your school uniform, "I have to go back. It's part of being a hero, you get pushed down and then rise back up! Besides, I need to train my quirk so this won't happen again, to me, or to anyone else I can help." You shot her a grin, flexing your non-bandaged arm.

Your mom's eyes grew wider and suddenly she burst into tears. She hurried forward, enveloping you in a hug, sniffling loudly.

"Oh my baby! You're all grown up!" She wailed. You blinked, startled at the sudden embrace, but wrapped your arms around her in return. "Where did the time go?"

You snorted, "I'm not quite an adult yet, mom. Still got a lot of dumb things to do. Believe me, you'll probably have way more reasons to yell at me soon."

She sighed fondly, pulling away and wiping her tears.

"Don't I know it." Her eyes crinkled as she gave you a smile, "Alright, hero. Go brush your teeth and get ready. I'll get your brother up and make breakfast."

You sent her a hopeful look.

"Pancakes?"

"Pancakes." She nodded, as you grinned.

-

The journey to school was uneventful.

Despite your mom's returning worry, you insisted that you could walk to UA by yourself. It really wasn't far, after all. With one last hug to your mom and brother, you pulled your bag over your shoulder and headed off for your first day back.

Crossing familiar streets and passing shops that you had passed a dozen times before, you felt the excitement build up in your chest, getting ready to explode. Your heart hammered as you passed through the entrance of U.A, catching sight of several other students of all sorts of classes, headed for their homerooms.

Glancing down at your phone, your beating heart stopped. Shit!

You had five minutes to get to class, otherwise you'd be late on your first day back! You shoved your phone into your back and broke into a sprint, catching the stares of the others students who were walking in at their own pace.

It may be your first day back, but you were pretty sure Aizawa-Sensei would kick your ass if you were late! You wheezed as you ran past several startled teens, almost running into a gangly tall blond man, who looked startled as you stumbled past him.

Huffing out an apology, you continued on your way, now passing through a familiar corridor. You skidded to a halt right in front of your homeroom, clutching your knees as you attempted to get your breath back.

You really needed to get back in shape. Hmm, you could go to the gym... maybe you'd take up Bakugo on his training threat.

Standing in front of the tall door, a wave of nostalgia rushes over you. Had it really only been a month since you had joined the class? It felt like way longer, considering for how long you'd been texting them all.

Faintly, you could make out voices arguing, followed by the muffled noise of what you knew well to be Bakugo's explosion. Looks like him and Iida were at it again.

Hoe's mad lmao-

You took another deep breath, reminding yourself that you could do this. Plus Ultra and all that.

Ah well, here goes nothing.

And with that, you slid the door open.

"Wassup bitches!"