Part 9 - Seeking Relief

Greyson: Whaaaaat? You’re replacing me with her?

Heh? I’m yours?

Alexandra: Haha! I just figured we needed to spend some time together especially now that we’re busy with our studies and all…

Greyson: But I want to be your tutor alone.

He pouted and looked away. Oh my word, he’s so cute! How can I say no to that? I stopped to think about it.

Alexandra: Oh, alright! I’ll just tell Phoebe to cancel our tutorial lessons and just hang out.

Greyson: GREAT! I’ll just pick you up later at WcDonalds. Text me, kay?

I just nodded, and we said goodbyes.

As I walk to WcDonalds, I kept biting my nails. Nervous as I am, I wasn’t paying attention to the path I was taking. I paused for a moment. Me with Greyson and Cassedy all alone? Wouldn’t that be so awkward? Two girls and a boy in one house? With no adult supervision? I guess that’s fine, that his parents won’t be around. I wouldn’t want to bother them while I’m there. I know me, I’m a klutz! But Grey and Cassedy are so close with each other. I’d be left out! On the other hand, Grey’s gonna tutor me so Cassedy will be the one left out. What the fook, it’s like choosing between two donuts. One of us will be a strawberry cream filled Bavarian donut and the other will be a chocolate donut smothered with marshmallow and sprinkles. I guess it was a wrong choice to come over to Grey’s house especially now that he has a guest. Heck, I haven’t even met Cassedy, and I haven’t even gone to Grey’s house yet and I’m already feeling like a stupid potato.

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!

Alexandra: JESUS CHRIST!!!

My heart leaped from shock. A car was going towards me. The driver pushed the button on his side, towing down his window.

Driver:  Get off the road! You’re gonna kill yourself!

Alexandra: I AM SO SORRY, SIR!

I apologized bowing to show respect and how ashamed I was. Wow, he’s really mad. He slammed his steering wheel, blurting out a loud honk that ringed loudly in my ears. I hurriedly ran to the by passers’ lane because I don’t want to cause anymore traffic. That dude was so mean, he must’ve been constipating that’s why he was in such a rush.

Man, I am very prone to car accidents! I am lucky enough to survive this one especially with Greyson out of the picture, not there to save me.

Greyson again? NOOOOO! I remember that scene again! The one when he dragged me off the road and landed on top of me. That super suffocating moment. Our faces inches away from each other and our bodies so close. I can feel heat drawing across my face. My cheeks are burning with redness, and my eyes, teary. Stop imagining it, Alexandra! Pull yourself together, and continue walking. Phoebe might already be there.

I slapped myself like a doctor does to a newborn baby’s butt to wake her up. I then took a deep breath. Relax... That’s enough stress on such a lovely morning… I should stay positive. God has a reason for every shiver sent to my spine.

I took big steps while walking. I was still trying to calm myself down. As I arrived at WcDonalds, I drew a huge smile on my face and threw off my worries aside. I’m with Phoebe today. I shouldn’t make her worry.

I scanned the place to look for Phoebe. She was sitting at the couch, waving at me.

Phoebe: Well, it’s about time! What happened? You were stuck in traffic ‘cause a dinosaur blocked the way?