Part 10 - This Is It!

Tyler: Let’s make a bet. Greyson’s in love with you.

Alexandra: No, he isn’t!

Tyler: Go now, child. He’s waiting for you. Go and multiply.

Alexandra: You’re lucky I don’t like to make people wait. You’re gonna pay for this. I don’t love him! And I’m gonna prove you wrong!

Phoebe: Goodbye, denial queen!

Greyson was standing at the bus stop, waiting for me. I ran outside towards the shed. I wouldn’t want to shout and make him come for me. It’s enough that I made him wait in the pouring rain. I stood behind him, and tapped his shoulder.

Alexandra: Hey, Grey! Ola!

Greyson: Lexa? You’re wet! Why didn’t you just call me? I could’ve crossed to the door and got you there. You’re soaked. Here, wear my jacket. You might catch a cold.

Alexandra: Grey, you don’t have to do that.

Greyson: Do it. I care for you. We have classes on Monday, and I wouldn’t want the seat next to me empty. And we have Trigonometry on Monday. Surely, you wouldn’t wanna miss that.

Grey… Stop that… I don’t want this feeling. I don’t want to hope for something that will never be mine.

He put his jacket on me and held my hand. He took my Trigo book from me. Together, we walked through the damp streets. It began to rain harder. He pulled me closer to him so I wouldn’t get wet.

Wait, I know this way. This is where most rich people live. Greyson’s rich? What? Why am I so surprised? He already looks rich. A kid with such an attractive face and magnetic personality is surely not average. But why would he rather walk than ride a car to and from school? The heck, don’t tell me it’s because of me!

Greyson: What? Lex, you’re shaking! Is it too cold? Don’t worry, we’re almost there.

I began quivering not because it’s cold, but because I was so nervous.

We arrived in front of a huge white house with a lovely garden in the front. I guess this is his house. God, it’s so big! It’s like, triple the size of our house!

He reached for the gate’s handle and opened it. We ran towards the door and went inside.

My jaw dropped. Oh my world of goo… IT’S SO BIG HERE! The living room’s so grand! From the floor to the ceiling, everything’s superb!

I’m acting like a child visiting the park. Calm down, it’s not the first time I’ve been into a house like this. But man, it’s like a five star hotel here.

Grey: Uhmmm… Is it too much? I know. I told my parents not to over do the design. Just make yourself at home. Nobody else but us are here. I’ll just go upstairs to change. I’ll grab a towel for you, too.

I kept gazing at the house. It’s so lovely here. It’s like I could get lost here for three days. As my eyes wander, they land on a grand piano sitting at the center right of the room leaning against the wall. I selflessly went to it and sat on the chair. I was amazed at it that I pressed several keys of the high notes. I don’t know how to play the piano, but I sure would love to.

Greyson: I see you found my best friend here in the house.

I immediately stood up. Grey was standing at the stairway. I see he’s already changed from his wet clothes. He was wearing a white polo with the sleeves rolled up to his elbows and a black shirt inside. And the usual, pants and his black converse.