One week.

I am sitting on the couch in sweats and a t-shirt eating ice cream. I don’t want to do anything. I turned my phone off and I am just sitting here. I cross my legs and set the ice cream in my lap as I take the spoon and keep eating.

I hear the house phone ring but I ignore it. I wipe a tear and keep eating. I couldn’t sleep when I got home because all I saw was Ross kissing another girl. Even though I didn’t want us to be together I didn’t think it would happen this soon. I didn’t think he would have someone so quick.

Placing the ice cream on the table I pull the blanket up to me and close my eyes trying anything to fall asleep from this horrible day. Hoping for anything when I wake up that this will all be a nightmare.

I wake up hours later to the house phone ringing and I sigh before getting up and walking over to the phone and unplugging it. I just want to be alone.

'''~~''

I was supposed to go to work today but I didn’t want to. I got up got a shower and looked in my closet and decided to not go. Instead I put on sweat and a burn out t-shirt. I walked downstairs and made a bag of popcorn.

I haven’t seen Ross in over a week. I haven’t left the house or turned on my phone in over a week. Grabbing my bag of popcorn I dump it in a bowl and walk over to the couch and turn on the television. I sit crossed leg with the bowl on my lap.

I was switching channels trying to find something to watch. I decided to watch the Family Guy marathon and put it on.

I am laughing and smiling for the first time in a week. Everything has disappeared for a little bit. I am not thinking about anything but Stewie, Brian and what is going to happen next.

I have went through two bags of popcorn and have been watching Stewie for hours.  For once in a week I am happy and having fun.

I pause the show and get up making another bag of popcorn and a soda. I put the popcorn in the bowl and walk back towards the living room. I put the bowl and soda on the table and walk upstairs into my room to get my slippers. I come back down the steps with my bunny slippers on my feet. I cross my feet again and place the bowl on my lap and hit the play button to continue my happiness.

Halfway through an episode I hear the doorbell. Sighing I look to the door and think maybe they will just go away. I turn back towards the television when whoever it is starts banging on the door. Getting mad I pause the television and set the bowl on the table and stand up stomping towards the door.

Unlocking the door I pull it open pissed and see Ross standing there looking about how I feel. “What are you…” “Why weren’t you on set?” I shrug, “Didn’t want to go, so if that’s it…” “NO. Goddamn it Laura, you haven’t talked to anyone in a week and now you didn’t show up to work. I covered for you today and I damn well deserve to know why I did.” Sighing I open the door a little wider and let him come in.

He walks over into the living room and looks at the soda and popcorn and Stewie froze on the TV. “Having fun?” I sit down and grab my bowl, “Yeah, I was.”

Sitting down on the couch he looks down at me. “Really?” I shrug and take a bite of popcorn, “Laura, What the hell?” I stand up and place the bowl on the table, “What do you want from me? What do you want?” Grabbing my hands he pulls me to him, “I want explanations.” I pull myself free and cross my arms. “I don’t know what you want me to explain.”

Sighing he runs his fingers through his hair, “How about why I had to cover for you today?” Still standing I keep my arms crossed, “I told you, I just didn’t want to come in today.” Running his finger through his hair he starts to pace. “Why do you make this so hard?” I stand still and watch him. “I explained and I don’t care if you don’t like it. If there is nothing else then please…”

Sitting down on the couch he crosses his arms, “I am far from done.”  Sighing I uncross my arms and stare at him, “Fine, what else?” He stretches his legs and then his arms and looks at me. “Why haven’t you answered anyone’s texts or calls?” Shrugging I look at him, “I wanted to be alone.” Nodding he looks at me, “ And you wanted to be alone because?”

Starting to get pissed, I sigh, “Because I just wanted to. What the hell does it matter?” Eyes widening he looks at me shocked, “Because you are my best friend and I care for you.” I scoff and he looks at me shocked, “What the fuck? I just want answer as to what is going on with my best friend.” Standing up he grabs my arms and holds them while he stares at me. “First you kiss me back, we make out and then you run away. Then you tell me there is no us but act like there is. Then you act weird around me at work and don’t come to the house no more.” Letting me go he sighs, “I thought everything was okay with us.” I sigh and look down, “Then for a week you don’t answer me or anyone else and today I find out you didn’t show for work. I don’t understand.”

I look up at him and throw myself at him and start kissing him, after a few seconds he kisses me back and pulls me closer to him while tangling his hands in my hair.  When air is needed we pull back and I push him away and cross my arms. “What the hell is wrong with you? You want me, then you don’t, then you want me again. You are confusing the fuck out of me!” Sighing he starts walking towards the door, “I’m not the one dating someone!”

Turning he stares at me shocked, “Is that what this is all about?” Running his hands through his hair he stares at me, “Laura, what the hell?” I look at him then shake my head, “whatever.” He looks at me then sighs, “You didn’t want me and yeah I found someone who is nice and I like. How is that any of your concern?” I look at him pissed, “My concern, I thought…”

Shaking his head he puts his hand up, “I am so fucking tired of this. When you make up your fucking mind come talk to me!” Slamming the door he walks out and I hear his tires squeal a few seconds later.

What do I want?