Chapter One </3

Emily's POV

“You will like it here Emily” my mother called back at me. I didn’t listen, I just turned up her music, blasting it through the headphones in a chance to mute out a world i no longer knew. A chance to hide the pain of moving and leaving everything i had loved behind. “I don’t see why we have to move anyway.” i mumbled under her breath. I ripped my ear phones out as to make a point, i did not want to talk but still wanted to know her answer. “Well whether you like it or not you have to stay here, unless you have changed your mind and want to come with us.” A business trip around America doing nothing but eating in and going to meetings, i can’t think of anything worse. “Why is couldn’t i stay with Sean?” Sean is my big brother. He had just turned 20. “i am not having you move to England by yourself.”  Mum turned back. “Ok were here. Promise me you will be good.” 

“Blah, blah, blah”

  “i mean it.”  Mum called back. I did not want to stay in the car with the two of them any longer. I got out and walked to the back of the car. I slammed the back of the car and came around to the front. “Bye i guess.” And turned away from them. Mum waved as they drove off i pretended not to see, and there i was standing in the drive way wondering what it would be like to live with Rick. Rick was a family friend, he would always come down and taking me out for a night or two every month to get away from mum. Rick was turning 19 next month. .  I walked to the front door and felt the hairs on my neck stand up, someone was watching me. I looked around but no one was there. Then i saw something in the corner of my eye, it was a boy looking through the crack in a curtain in the next house. I tried to turned to him but he had disappeared, weird. I kept walking and felt the strange feeling again, i looked back at the window but no one was there. “You must be Emily.” My head snapped  towards the voice. A young boy had been standing in the door way staring at me.

 “Yes and you are?”

“I’m Jake, Jake Marconni. I’ve heard so much about you.” He said in almost a flirty way, as if saying he knew every secret and every lie i ever told. He looked me up and down several times before continuing. “Rick is round back.”

 “Thanks... Jake.”  I tried to pass him without looking at him but out of the corner of my eye i saw him wink, who does this kid think he is? Jake was a tall boy with crystal blue eyes. He had black hair short and messy with blond through it. He was wearing black converse with black skinny jeans ripped all the way up, it was obvious that he goes to gym because you could see his six packs through his singlet. i walked to the back yard and stuck my head out the door but i was not expecting that. Rick and a blonde were making out on the grass that was a sight i did not need to see. “Yo Rick, Emily’s here.” I jumped back inside to hide from Rick, pretending that i did not just see him and his Girlfriend making out. I stuck my head out again before walked outside and they were just sitting there. Rick jumps up. “Hey when did you get here? Your just in time we are going to have a party tonight.” The blonde girl did not look overly happy that i had broken up her and Ricks make-out session. “Here let me show you to your room.”

 “Thanks.”  He smiled at me before walking inside. The Blond girl looked at me like i was competition and Rick was the prize. The look on her face was priceless, if i wanted rick trust me i would have him babe. “So i guess you’ve met Jake. So what do u think of him?”

 “He’s... nice i guess.”

 “Ha, any other girl would be all over him.”

“So i guess his a lady’s man?”

 “Yea you could say that.” It went awkward, very awkward. “So this is your room. If you don’t like the green day posters and stuff you can change it, i don’t mind.”