Three: Planning Time

Sad, brown eyes watch a cracked ceiling shadowed in moonlight; which lights up a bedroom

Sad, brown eyes watch a cracked ceiling shadowed in moonlight; which lights up a bedroom. On a cream colored bed, Grace lays, wiping away bitter tears. She still didn't believe what was happening. Hannah had just announced an engagement to the only guy she ever loved, and David confirmed that it was true. It's not a dream. The past two days felt fake to her but it was reality.

A feeling of sadness and anger for both Hannah and David drives her soul. Her mind goes to alternatives to stop the wedding. Although Hannah was her best friend since diapers, she wished she'd get into a bad plane crash on her trip back from New York, where she was visiting him...kissing him. Her eyes harden. I hope she gets so injured that she couldn't see any of it happen. As for David, Grace wished he'd return back to the guy he was a week ago.

The bedroom darkens; leaving the room nearly lightless now. Grace closes her eyes and inhales deeply. She needed a plan but nothing came to mind, her fingers drum on the sheets of the bed. How could David do this to me? A buzzer echoes the apartment and broke her thoughts. She sluggishly got out of bed and wipes her face, going to buzz up, knowing who it was. More buzzing follows.

"Coming!" Grace's slippers scrape down a dark hall to the living-room of a tidy apartment. Her finger presses a button on the wall. She waits as her visitor climbs the stairs, readjusting her gloomy mood, lifting her chin, and drying her eyes, and checking if her eyes were red. From a circular mirror, through dim light, she saw that they weren't. Good. Footsteps near her place, then knocking on the door. Grace unlocks it and opens it to find her older sister, Kat. "Hey lil sis, what's wrong? You called me like ten times."

"I need some help." Grace whines. "You remember David Michaels right?"

Kat takes off a NorthFace jacket and throws it on across the back of a red sofa. "Of course I do, after how you acted over him." She switches on a light to see her sister and flips back brown braids, which stop at her waist. "Why is it so dark in here?"

"He's marrying Hannah this month." Kat's mouth drops. "Yep, I called him, he's going through with it." Grace smirks. "But not for long, I got something planned."

Her sister sighs. "Girl, you better not do some dumb shit..."

"He's mine, and he knows it's true, he's still under my spell."

Kat grabs her little sister by the shoulders. "Stop okay, Hannah is your girl, doing this will destroy that. Do you actually want to lose something special over a summer fling? Think about what you're doing."

"I don't care, David was mine before he was hers." Grace pushes away. "He promised to marry me!"

"But he proposed to her, don't you get it, Grace? He doesn't want you!"

"Oh trust me, he gave it away on the phone."

Kat crosses her arms. "Let's say it you do this, What will you tell Hannah? Or are you gonna play two- faced??" She gawks in disbelief at Grace who nods to the last question. "Listen, you need to leave it alone if not this is gonna end bad, G."

"I don't care, as long as it ends."