Part 10

I was running. Don't know where. Just running... my feet led me to the park. Then up a tree. Far up the tree. I didn't know what to do. When I got to the top there was a perfect place to sit, it looked like it could fit 2 little kids. I just sat there... thinking if I should go back... and if I did go back to my room or say that he was drunk and didn't mean any of it. So many questions came to mind then I remembered what happened last night. I kissed Steve. And I bet if we went there alone and I never locked myself away it would've been to the next level. Hell if I never did what I did we might've been dating! But I that kiss probably meant nothing to him... I was just a rebound chick. Soon the sun was starting to rise and I sat up about to climb down when I noticed something carved into the tree. What is that? What does it say? It looked really old. As a look at it closer it brought back memories that I forgot... that I forgot years ago... I never thought I would remember again... it was carved 'S X J' Steve and I went out in like 1st grade! Maybe even younger! The J was backwards so probably! But I forgot about that, I wonder if he remembers? Why would he...

When you're drunk you either say some dumb shit that means nothing, or you're speaking the truth. So Steve either meant everything or just made it up. I honestly don't know what's worse. Cause if he made it up he was just trying to hurt me and wanted me to go into hiding, if he was telling the truth (I mean everything he said was kinda true but not about the part I think I'm smarter then everyone I'm dumb) I did lock myself away... it did make me dumber and I haven't seen them in a year. But just the way he said it... I know he was hurting and was drunk so he was just kinda clueless of what was going on. I know Soda and Darry hell even the hole gang is gonna be pissed at him. I don't want them pissed at him, if I never came outta my room he wouldn't have gotten so drunk and done that. Well... he might've been drinking and I would've still gone for my walk so maybe it still would've happened. Who knows, no one know what would've or could've happened we only know what did and didn't. And I did leave my room, I did go out drinking with them, I did get yelled at by Steve, so I just have to deal with my mistakes.

When I got home I heard voices so people were up. I didn't want to deal with them so I just waited for Dally to come out. Eventually he did and I called him over and he helped in my window.
"Dal who's awake?" I asked when j got in my window.
"Darry and Soda are yelling at good ol' Steven" he replied rubbing his head. Then I remembered he has a hang over and needs to go rest.
"Go back in and rest Dally, your head is probably spinning" I told him and he nodded going back but stopped real quick.
"You should come in normally and not threw your window" he said walking back towards my window.
"I don't know Dally"
"Cause of what drunk Steve said, he was drunk Jax" he said cutting me off. I just sighed heavily thinking for a second.
"You ready to catch me?" I said sliding out my window dropping into his arms but he lost his balance a few seconds after he caught me.
"Sorry Dally kinda forgot your hungover and can barely stand yourself" I said getting off of him. He chuckles a little while getting up and we go inside.

When we walk in they all look at me. I just wave and look down about to walk back to my room but Dally just stopped me.
"C'mon I'm tried, I came out of my room but I'm still used to a certain sleep schedule" I told him he sighed and took his hand off my shoulder letting me go up. I looked at everyone in the room and waved again before going up not really wanting to say anything. As I walked up stairs I realized Dally wasn't there when Steve yelled at me. If he was Steve would've been punch for waking him up. I'll worry about it later right now I'm gonna get some sleep.

After a long time of laying there in bed I couldn't go to sleep. It was already 9am everyone should be awake. I got up and made my way down stairs and smelt bacon. Haven't had fresh bacon in what felt like an eternity.
"Hey Jax, bacon?" Darry offered and I just nodded quickly and took a lot.
"Have you slept?" Soda asked.
"Couldn't" I replied, I could see he was a little confused "I just could sleep"
"Oh, welp marry Christmas Eve" he stated tossing me a Santa hat and putting one on. When I looked around Pony, Johnny, Two and Steve all had them on. I guess Darry and Dally didn't want to.
"Darry why aren't you wearing yours!" Soda yelled trying to be strict.
"Soda I'll look like a moron like the rest of you do" Darry replied "what about Dally you're not pestering him" Darry said sounding annoyed.
"If He tried I'd burn it" Dally yelled from the living room and Soda made a That's why face. And Darry sighed grabbing the hat that was next to him on the counter and put it on. Soda smiled patting his should sitting at the table to eat. I shrugged and put mine on to.
"Hey what are we gonna do today?" Two-bit asked.
"Go do what ever you do for fun Two" Darry said taking a sip from his black coffee.