Chapter 8

I worried all day, hoping that Eric managed to get the pill. I could not get pregnant. I would definitely be fractionless.

"Sit down," Eric said when I came in. I did, twiddling my thumbs.

"I couldn't get the pills but initiation is almost over. I mean, you might not even pregnant." I rubbed my temples, closing my eyes.

"If I get pregnant, I will abort it, Eric." He glared at me.

"It's my fucking kid too, Nose, don't forget that."

"But I'm not even pregnant!"

"Yet," he said quietly. "You know what? Just abort the kid if you do get pregnant. I would fuck up as a dad anyways." I sat speechless. I couldn't stand to see him so down on himself.

"Let's just get on with this, Eric," I said. He nodded, injecting the serum. The fear this time was just drowning. A childhood incident caused it.

When I woke back up, I was relatively calm.

"You did well, Gabriela," Eric said, patting my leg. I smiled, standing up and stretching my arms.

"That should put me more towards the top, right?" I asked. He nodded.

"I would say that it would. Although your next fear might screw you up." I nodded, heading to the door.

"Gabriela, aren't you forgetting something?" I turned to him, seeing a smirk. I rolled my eyes, walking over and pecking him on the lips.

"Better?" He nodded and I walked out, sticking my tongue out at Molly. She just crossed her arms. Haha take that bitch.

I headed down to the mess hall, grabbing a chocolate pudding and sitting down. In all honesty, I was just waiting for Eric to get done. I felt someone sit down next to me and immediately stiffened.

"Relax, I'm not going to hurt you." I turned to see a darker skinned boy close to my age. He must be a dauntless born though.

"I'm Uriah," he said, putting his hand out.

"Bri," I said, shaking it. He grinned.

"Well, we were wondering if you would like to do something fun with some other Dauntless initiates?" I smiled widely.

"Of course! Unless you guys are planning on doing something horrible to me," I said, turning suspicious. He laughed at me.

"No but I can't tell you what we are doing. It's secret." For emphasis, he brought a finger to his lips and did the 'sh' sound. I rolled my eyes at him, snickering.

"Let's go," he said, grabbing my hand and dragging me behind him.

*

Eric's POV

After finishing the fear simulation, I went to find Gabriela. I knew that she was pissed off about the pill. Truth be told, I could very well get it if I wanted to. But I didn't want to. I wanted her with my baby. I knew what I would be doing soon could very well kill me; I wanted Gabriela to carry on my family. To be honest, if I wasn't doing the plan, I would definitely marry her after initiation. But I never would be able to. Ever.

I checked her room that she shared with the other initiates then checked the food hall. When I didn't see her, I asked a girl from training. I think her name was Missy or Molly or something.

"Have you seen the Nose anywhere?" She nodded.

"She left with a Dauntless born. A kid named Uriah. They were going to go 'train' which we all know is code for sex." I clenched a fist at my side. I was angry. How dare she leave me for some initiate?

I stormed back to my room, digging underneath my bed and pulling out my trusty Whiskey.

She will regret choosing him.

*

Bri's POV

I headed back from zip-lining. It was the most incredible experience ever. Well, other than sex with Eric.

I came to Eric's room, excited to tell him what I had just done. I could so be Dauntless.

When no one came to the door, I opened it. When I walked in, I thought I was going to be sick.

Eric.

Eric was.

Eric is.

Eric is fucking Molly.

Eric is fucking Molly while screaming my name.

"Eric!" I snapped, seeing nothing but red. I grabbed a nearby bottle, smashing it against his rib cage. He pulled out of Molly, glaring.

"What the fuck do you want, Nose?" he slurred.

"What do I want? Hmm, let's see, a NOT cheating boyfriend but apparently that's too much to ask for." I ran out of the room before he could see my tears.

*Sorry for the long wait. Some writer's block.*