Chapter 11

I tangled my hands into his hair. Eric explored my mouth with his tongue, something I wasn't rejecting.

When we pulled away, both of us didn't speak for a few minutes. Finally, I broke the silence.

"I don't hate you."

A smile broke out across Eric's face. He spun me around, kissing my cheeks.

"Baby!" I warned and he sheepishly put me down.

"Sorry." I chuckled into his shoulder.

Suddenly, a loud wailing sound pierced our fun air. Eric groaned, pulling out his phone.

"Eric speaking." He waited a few minutes before agreeing to me someone.

"I'll see you later," he said emotionless before leaving me alone in his room. I did the cliche pregnant thing and bursted into tears.

*

Eric's POV

I felt horrible about leaving Gabriela but Jeanine needed me with the initiation coming up in a few days.

"I'm here," I said, annoyed. She raised her eyebrows at my tone.

"Did I take you away from your knocked up bitc-"

"Don't you dare finish that," I growled. She smirked at me.

"Calm down, caveman. I've already decided to let her back into Erudite with you. I'm sure her family members would love to have her back." I bit back a smile at this. Gabriela and I could actually be a family.

"I see that news delights you," she said, folding her hands into her lap.

"Just get on with the rest of the news, Jeanine." She nodded her head.

"I wanted to let you know that the serum shipments have come in. I also have a serum for your girlfriend to knock her out while we take her back to Erudite."

"Will it hurt the baby?" I asked, suddenly worried. She chuckled at me.

"No, our scientists tested it on pregnant felines. Their babies turned out healthy." I was surprised by the relief I felt in that statement.

"Thank you Jeanine," I said. We said goodbye, parting ways. When I got back, I found Gabriela passed out on our bed, tear tracks down her cheeks. I had a hunch that I was the reason she was like this.

I shook her shoulder gently. When she didn't stir, I pulled back her blanket, hoping the air would wake her up. Then I saw a reason she wasn't responding.

She was in a pool of blood.

*

I sat out in the waiting room, moving my knee up and down. I had been waiting for an hour to hear any news about my baby and mother of my child.

After what felt like forever, a man with a clipboard came out.

"Are they okay?" I anxiously awaited his answer.

"The mother is fine, just a bit weak from the blood loss."

"The baby?"

"Critical condition." I buried my head into my hands. I caused this.

"Can I go see her?"

He led me to her room. I let out a very unmanly gasp, before rushing to her side.

"Oh Gabriela," I said, stroking a hand through her hair. She looked up at me warily.

"I'm sorry about the baby." I made shushing sound.

"The baby is still alive for the time being. Even if it wasn't, it isn't your fault." She took ahold of my hand, bringing it to her mouth. She placed a kiss on the knuckle part before laying it onto her cheek.

"I love you," she breathed out. I remained speechless for a few seconds before recovering.

"I love you too." She chuckled hoarsely.

"I surprised you, didn't I?" I shook my head, brushing some of her hair back.

"No, you scared me." We stared intensly at each other. We both knew that I wasn't talking about the love confession.

"You can leave me if you want," she said but I knew she really didn't mean it. Besides, leaving her over a miscarriage is stupid.

"I'm not going anywhere." She smiled up at me, showing teeth.

"Good because if you did, I would be totally pissed at you." I chuckled, standing up.

"I'll be back soon to check on you and the baby." I pressed a kiss to her forehead before heading out.