29

"jimin, are you sure about this?" seokjin asked with worried eyes.

"jimin, don't leave me. we barely started dating and you're already leaving me." yoongi's sad eyes stared at jimin's blank ones.

"i'm sure."

"jimin-"

"i love you guys. i love you the most, yoongi. you are the cause of my euphoria. but, i can't be living in euphoria all the time." jimin sadly smiled over to his short-term boyfriend and long-term best friends.

"jimin, please come down." namjoon asked.

"jimin, we're being serious. get your ass off of the ledge." jungkook demands.

"i always thought you never cared about me, jungkook." jimin chuckled dryly.

"you know me, jimin. hell, you fucking created me. you know how i am." jungkook spat.

"jungkook, stop," taehyung sighs, "jimin come down and we can talk this all out. i'm sure your mother is looking for you right now."

"hoseok's gone," he starts, "and his mother abandoned him from the start. as soon as my mom dumped me here, she abandoned me. didn't visit me once, didn't send me a letter once. no one else cared but me when hoseok passed. no one will care if i pass." jimin felt tears well up in his eyes.

"jimin..." seokjin sighs.

"this hospital was like a sand castle. and in this sand castle, it feels like i hung myself." jimin laughs bitterly.

"jimin, you come down there on the count of three." seokjin warns.

"i'm not coming down."

"one." seokjin starts.

jimin laughs.

"two." seokjin takes a step closer.

jimin leaned closer over the edge.

"three." jimin whispered and let himself fall.

"jimin!" the five boys yell.

"you all are the cause of my euphoria."

+

just one more chapter and this book is over. 

—l