20: Right Again

Daisy felt that the word "tired" did not fully explain how she was feeling. Even the word "exhausted" was too mild.

Over the past few weeks, she had been cooking and cleaning, as well as learning about guns and knives and fighting. Thalia had easily gotten the hang of it, and so had Jungkook, even though he really didn't like it. He knew he had to learn, but in reality, everybody knew he was just too gentle to be involved in any fights.

Daisy, however, still could not get the hang of any of it. Her shots were always way off, and they weren't allowed to practice very much either, due to the sound and waste of bullets. She still couldn't throw a decent punch, no matter how hard she tried, and she had cut herself on the knife the moment that Yoongi had handed it to her. 

Not only that, but she was terrible at the fitness training with Jimin, as her lungs just couldn't keep up. Even Taehyung had told Jimin not to let her do it, because there was a risk of her collapsing. She wasn't sure if she had asthma now, but ever since she was sick, her lungs were so much weaker than before.

She felt humiliated as she was so bad at everything, and she was only allowed to do a few exercises a day anyway, because of her inability to breath properly.

"What's wrong?" She felt Jin's arms wrap around her from behind, and was glad that they were in the dark in the bed they shared. She didn't want anybody to see her face.

With a sigh, she snuggled back into his body, the warmth and familiar scent of him comforting to her, "I'm so bad at everything," She said, "I can't shoot, I can't fight and I can't even run,"

She felt Jin's lips on her neck and sighed as little tingles rushed through her body. He knew that her neck was her weak point, and was obviously trying to distract her.

"I know I haven't done a very good job of it," Jin said, his voice quiet in her ear, "But I stand by what I said all that time ago when we first met. I will protect you to the best of my ability," He sighed a little, "I'm sorry I'm not like Jimin or Yoongi, but I will do my best, even if it kills me,"

"Jin-"

"And I won't be left behind anymore. I was wrong to not go with them when they rescued you. I should have argued, but I was a coward. I'm sorry, I won't be like that anymor-"

"Jin!" Daisy turned around in his arms and cupped his face with her hands. She couldn't see him in the dark, but she knew he was upset.

"You're not a coward," She said softly, "Just because you were able to trust our leader when he promised he'd get Bee and I back, does not make you a coward," She hesitated a moment, "If you had come, it might have been you in the grave, not Namjoon. I never wanted to see him die, and I miss him, but Jin... What would I have done if it was you?"

Jin sighed and wrapped his arms around her, pulling her into his chest, "Why don't we both stop lingering on the past and what should or shouldn't be, and focus on the future? We might not be good at certain things, but we are good at others. Have you seen Jimin trying to cook? He's worse than me. And Yoongi cannot fold clothes to save his life. I'm pretty good at that,"

Daisy couldn't help but laugh, "That's a really weird comparison, Jin,"

"Well I was put on the spot, I couldn't think of anything better," He chuckled, "But you get what I mean,"

"Yeah," Daisy sighed, "I guess so. We have to stay positive,"

"Exactly," Daisy felt her chin being lifted so her face was tilted up towards Jin. She felt his lips brush hers before he spoke, "And I'm one hundred percent positive that I love you,"

"Cheesy,"

"You know it,"

***

Shownu sank down onto his bed with a groan. He had been working out with the rest of the members of the house, but once they were done, Jimin was putting him through extra training; Ghost style. 

He was exhausted, and his muscles ached, but he felt content. Not only did Thalia and Hyungwon surprisingly vouch for him being a decent person, but Bee and Daisy spoke up too, about how he had tried to talk Minhyuk out of hurting anyone, and how he had even helped Bee up after Minhyuk had struck her.

He was still on probation, apparently, but they seemed to trust him. He hadn't felt safe and happy like this in a long time, and except for Taehyung, everyone seemed to have welcomed him fairly warmly, considering the conditions in which they met.

He had even been given chores. First, he was to go to the barn with Jungkook and clean and feed the goats, pigs and chickens. Then, while Jungkook and Hyungwon dealt with the horses, he would go to the fields to help Jimin with the crops.

Shownu found that he really enjoyed his time with Jimin, as he had been learning a lot; not just about Jimin himself, but about the people of the house.

They were all kind and generous, but they were very close, as well.

He sighed, laying back on his bed and closing his eyes. He hoped that they would allow him to fully join their family. He wished that when the first infection hit and everything went to hell, that he had met people like these to associate with. He had gotten off to a bad start, but hopefully he would be able to make his life right again.