8 - Good & Bad Surprises

A long chapter for you folks !

Also you're going to really hate me by the end of this :)

Narrators POV

Clementine and Violet sat at one of the many tables at dinner. Their fingers intertwined tightly under the table. It had been a few days since Clementine's dream. Ever since then her and Violet had never been closer, and better with each other.

It was dinner time, the afternoon sun was beginning to elegantly set on the horizon and everyone was quietly digging into the stew that had been prepared by Omar.

The walker activity around the school lately had been very scarce. It was kind of digging away at everyone's anxiety but no one brought it up in conversation.

They all decided to lay back for once and play the truth or dare card game they played the night the raiders came. "What a memory to look back on" Clementine thought while heading over to the comfortable seats near the fire, hands still interlocked with Violet's.

They all sat down in their suited places. Violet and Clementine on one lounge, Louis and Aasim on the other, while Tennessee, AJ and Willy sat on the ground, and Ruby sat on a singular wooden chair.

The glow of the newly lit fire echoed off of each of the kids faces, and Violet and Clementine were grateful for the moment. They both stared into each other's eyes in awe, Clementine completely hypnotised by Violet's now crystal green looking pupils. They seemed to of changed colour, somehow again, and looked like a green sea mixed with the sky.

Violet felt like she was in a pool of chocolate brown heaven, Clementine's eyes making her feel warm and wanted. They seemed to have a hint of yellow, and the fire caused that part of her eyes to shine with pure beauty.

"Okay children! Pick a card any card! You should remember how to play this. Highest card gets to ask a truth or dare, lowest card has to answer blah blah blah you get me! Let's play!" Louis says mischievously, a smirk etched onto the edge of his lips.

He pulls a card out of the deck and hands one to Clementine, then Violet, then AJ, then Tennessee, then Willy, then Ruby and finally Aasim. They all flip their cards over and the winner ended up being Violet, while the loser was Ruby. The poor girl was in for something interesting and most likely gay related.

"Victory Violet" Vi began with a smirk, causing Ruby to gulp hard. "So. Ruby. Anyone here you got a....crush on?" Violet finished, wiggling her eyebrows suggestively, glancing at Aasim. Violet was one of the captains of this ship and she really wanted it to sail. Obviously.

Ruby and Aasim began to blush as they both started to absentmindedly pick at their fingers from nerves. "Oh fuck you Vi I am so getting you back. Let's just say... oof.... maybe I do." Ruby whispered with a small smile, looking down into her lap.

Aasim's mouth was wide open, Violet was merely smirking while Louis was laughing his ass off at the scene before him. "Can we know... who it is?" Louis asks with a giggle.

"Fuck no!" Ruby yells probably to loud, immediately covering her mouth, making the whole group burst into a fit of laughter.

"Now that was a good surprise!" Clementine said laughing, throwing her head back. Violet just stared at her. Biting on her lip as a vein in her neck stuck out when she looked a certain direction. It was pure beauty to her, obviously she wanted to bite it but the entire group was there so she really couldn't.