11 - Broken But Stable Toys

A cute chapter for y'all :3
———
NOT edited
Narrators POV

"Sweet pea wake up!"

Clementine's eyes widened with one sudden motion. She looked around and saw she was once again in the RV, with Lee's arms wrapped around her protectively.

"L-Lee? What happened?" Clementine asked Lee confused. She heard her voice, it was high and childlike, and her body frame was small and fragile.

She realised she was an eight year old again. Back in the times of when Lee was actually alive, and not slowly dying because of something that happened to her.

She grimaced. Clementine blamed herself for his death. If only she didn't trust the man within the walkie talkie. Then maybe he would be alive. Just maybe.

"It's okay Clem, it's going to be okay. Duck is going to be okay, we don't know how it works and.... maybe it's like a cold?"

"It's ... it's not like a cold...."

Clementine looked down with grief, the haunting memory of Lee having to stick a bullet in Duck's head while Kenny watched with tears in his tired eyes.

"It's probably not no, but we need to have hope." Lee says in a calm tone. He was always so reassuring to Clementine, sometimes too much, but as a child she didn't really mind it.

Lee was basically her second dad at the time, so whatever he said she believed.

She found it funny because now she was in Lee's place. If only he saw her now, with AJ. She was almost certain that Lee would be proud of her, and how far she had come.

"Sometimes... hope isn't the thing that gets us through it.... it's the feeling knowing that your loved ones are constantly in danger, and that you have to protect them. With your life." Clementine says in her high pitched voice, not believing that an eight year old could have said that.

"That's.... that's right sweet pea. I knew you would have grown immensely into the women you are now." Lee says with a loving smile.

"What do you mean... Lee?"

"What I mean sweet pea, is I know you miss me, but you have actual family to look out for now. I know you've grown attached to them, especially one blonde girl in particular..... but I think you should return to them. I will see you when the time is right." Lee says, putting his arms ever so tighter around Clementine, seemingly not wanting to let go.

Clem looked down at her figure, only to see she was now in her current body, her seventeen year old, curvy shaped body. The broken, scarred but stable girl.

"Just promise me one thing Clem..." Lee whispers into her ear, a tear slipping down his cheek.

Clementine nods, signalling for him to continue his little speech.

"Promise me that you will protect your family with everything you have. Please give your all for that boy, and that little girlfriend of yours...please. I want to see you happy." Lee finishes, giving a sad, but happy smile, holding out his pinky.