03- Surprise

AN: I know this one won't exactly have anything to do with Luke and his daddy adventures BUT it'll explain everything between Lauryn and her mom so yeah.

-

*Lauryn's POV*

For once the house was relatively quite. My dad had decided to join Luke and the boys at the studio while Liz baby sat Sophia so I could get a few things done around the house.

I was in the middle of doing the dishes when I heard the door bell ring. "Coming!" Quickly drying my hands I trotted over to the front door, what, or rather who, stood on the other side of the door surprised the hell out of me.

"Mom? What are you doing here?" To say I was in complete shock. But I opened the door even more to let her in. I honestly didn't care that she was here; in fact I'm happy that she is. But she could've maybe called or something so I wouldn't be so surprised. Okay, either way I'd be surprised.

"What do you mean what am I doing here? I have a grand baby to see!" Mom put on her best fake smile.

"That's nice and all but Sophia isn't here at the moment" I told her walking into the kitchen. "Want a drink or anything?"

"Well where is she? I didn't spend all those hours on that plane for nothing!"

"Luke's mom has her. She'll be back sometime today"

"Well" mom started "I guess I'll come back tomorrow then. See you tomorrow." Mom turned to leave but I stopped her. I couldn't take this anymore.

"Mom you know we need to talk" I said calmly

"There is nothing to talk about with you" she said coldly

"Bull. Shit. How about you ignore me every chance you get?"

"That's not my fault you make it easy"

"My fault? Excuse me there is a device called a phone you know"

My mom's eye flashed with a hint of anger "and why would I want to call you? You are the one that moved away from all of us. Your family. The ones that helped you. You are the one who decided to up and move as far away as you can with some rock star that probably doesn't give two shits about you! I'm only here for one person only, and that is Sophia. After I see her, I'm gone."

"Excuse me but you have no right to bring Luke into this. He has nothing to do with this, this is between me and you. Secondly my so called 'family' was never there for me. The only family that I had there for me was Emilee and she's here in Australia with me. My family didn't help me for shit! Oh and you're only here for Sophia? Is this gonna be the one and only time you'll ever see her?" I spat at her. The tears were already threatening to cascade down my cheeks.

"Oh sweetheart but don't you see? Luke has everything to do with this, he's the one that took you away from all of u-"

I snapped, I couldn't take this anymore "stop fucking right there. Luke did not take me from anyone! Moving to Australia with Emilee was my decision. My choice. It was two years after I moved here that I met Luke. And to say he doesn't give two shits about me is low! He cares more about me and my well being than you ever did!" The tears were now freely falling down my cheeks as I choked back sobs. My mom was about to say something but was interrupted when Liz came in the back do with Sophia. Mom's features changed in a instant. Going from pure hatred to loving in a matter of mere seconds.

"There she is!" Mom said "come to grandma!"

"No" I stood in front of her

"Excuse me? That is my grand baby" the anger in my moms eyes was back. Liz looked from my mom to me and back to my mom.