13: Family

Luke5SOS: @Laur_Barr only a few more hours until I see you and Mumble!

I smiled in content. Only a few more hours until I was back home, back in Sydney and I had both of my girls tightly in my arms.

This whole weekend was a different experience for me. Sure Laur and I texted and face timed but, I missed my girls so much. Unfortunately i did miss something; Sophia is no longer crawling and insists that she's a big girl and wants to walk everywhere and not want to be carried. Can't she just, stop growing up already?

"Flight 495 to Sydney, now boarding"

"Finally!" Calum yelled from his seat. If anyone wanted to get home more than me it was Cal. Ever since he proposed to Casey he was ready to be back with her. It's honestly a really weird thought to think 2/3 of 5 Seconds of Summer are married with kids. One is engaged and Ashton.... Well Ashton is getting there. He has plans to propose to Carter eventually, but he doesn't what to do it now since Cal is recently engaged.

"Agreed" I told him, both of us racing down the terminal.

"Guys, Laur and Casey are still going to be there no matter how fast you run" Michael chuckled. We all laughed as Cal turned around and flipped Michael off. Once we were finally settled in our seats in the plane, I heard my phone go off

@Laur_Barr: @Luke5SOS we can't wait to see you, we miss our daddy! Pic.twitter.com/afkPwyr62hdgst

The smile on my face couldn't get any bigger. As I looked closer at the picture I noticed Sophia had another tooth come in, she's so close to having them all its too cute. Still missing that one front one though. I let out a sigh of relief as I felt the plane rumble below us as we made our way to Sydney.

"A few more hours" I whispered to myself as I gazed out the plane window

-

"DADDY!" Sophia yelled the minute she laid eyes on me. I crouched down and put my arms out for her as she came running towards me. Once she was in my arms I pulled her in a tight hug and twirled her around; letting her giggles come out. I noticed there was paparazzi at the airport today so I'm sure this moment of our will be all over social media.

"There's my girl! I missed you so much!" I kissed her cheeks so many times.

"Daddy, stop it" Sophia giggled

"Okay okay" I kissed her cheek one more time before striding over to where Laur was standing with a big smile on her face.

"Hey dweeb"

Ignoring her, I simply pulled her into my embrace and kissed her lips; careful not to make a scene

"Luke" Laur giggled

"Sorry, I couldn't help myself" I smiled at her.

Laur chuckled "oh I bet... Where's Michael? I need to tell him something, it's about Emilee"

Within a few seconds, Michael was standing next to Luke and I, along with the rest of our group except for Carter "what about Emilee? Where is she?" Michael Asked

"About 15 minutes ago her water broke, actually where Ashton is standing" Laur chuckled

"So gross!" Ashton said and moved on the other side of me. I looked back at Michael who looked like he was on the verge of a panic attack

"Why are we still standing here then?" Michael questioned, turning for the door.

"Michael, it literally just happened. Carter took her to the hospital to get admitted and she wanted me to be the one to tell you" I put my hands on his shoulder "let's go meet your baby"

-

"It's a Boy!" Michael cheered walking into the waiting room.

"Just what we need, another Michael running around" Ashton chuckled giving a big bear hug to Michael

"More importantly, what's his name?!" Laur bounced with excitement

"Easy killer" Michael laughed "come meet him first, then I will tell the name"

One by one all of us got up and followed Michael into Emilee's room. As we walked down the hallways, one of the nurses pulled us aside

"I remember you guys! I was your nurse for little miss Sophia... My names Lacey" she smiled at us

"Oh yeah! I'm surprised you remember us, she turned a year old two months ago" Laur laughed

"Oh goodness! It's been a year already?! Time flies!" Lacey is still as energetic as i remember her.

We said our goodbyes to Lacey as we made our way to the others.

"Well that was nice" I smiled at Laur

Once we were all seated in Emilee's room, her nurse wheeled in the new bundle of joy.

"Guys, say hello to Landon Michael Clifford" Michael smiled and leaned over to kiss Em on the cheek.

-

"Things with your mum seem to be going good, yeah?" I said bumping my hip with Laur's as she was standing at the stove.

"Absolutely. I'm really glad I got to work things out with her you know" Laur smiled at me before turning her attention back to her spaghetti sauce.

"Me too. You have been like twenty times happier too. I like happy Laur" I wrapped my arms around her waist and kissed her cheek.

"So does that mean you would be okay with the idea of my mom staying with us for a few days?" She turned around to fully look at me

"Absolutely babe. You get to make up time with your mum and she finally gets to spend time with Soph. It works out pretty good" I kissed her lips "dinner smells amazing by the way"

-

"Ready or not Mumble, here I come!" I yelled  immediately hearing her giggles from underneath the dining room table. Pretending I didn't hear her, I walked into the kitchen "hmm no Mumble in here" I walked around the dining room table twice with Sophia laughing along and walked into the living room where Laur was sitting on the couch reading a book.

I sat down next to her "I don't know mummy, I have no idea where Mumble could be hiding"

Laur only giggled before Sophia came running out from under the table towards me "Daddy!" She giggled

"There she is! You are a sneaky little thing" I kissed her cheek before sitting her on my lap, I looked at Laur "we should do a family sleep over"

"A what?" Lauryn put her book down

"A family sleep over. Like everyone comes over and we put tons of blankets and pillows on the floor and we just watch tons of movies" I smiled at her

"I don't think Em will be too keen on sleeping on the floor with just having a baby"

"So her and Michael can sleep in our room. And they can use Soph's room for the baby" I let go of Sophia for her to crawl over to her mum.

"Alright, but you are calling everyone. I'll go to the store and buy some snacks"

*****

Above is Luke & Laur a.k.a me hehe