TRICKED AND TRAPPED

Chapter: Eighteen.

********

"What the fuck man?!" Sebastien screamed as soon as he ran into the old farmhouse, his phone in one hand and a crumpled up piece of paper in the other.

"Finally you came!" Jon called excitedly while jumping down from a tall stack of hays to meet his best friend.

"Whatever you have to say better be fucking worth it because I am grounded and my father will throw a fit if he found out I sunk out!" Sebastien sat down on a dusty bench that looked as if it hadn't been sat on in ages and stared up at Jon's scrunched up face.

"What?!" Jon asked bemused.

"Listen, man, don't fuck with me OK!" Sebastien stood up. "I told you, get on with it!" his soft voice has an edge to it, he was getting angry.

"No, seriously. What the hell are you talking about?!" Jon stared down at his already pissed off friend.

"Dude! You fucking sent me a note to meet you out here and you sounded dead serious too!" Sebastien folded his arms around Jon and stared into the other's eyes, then whispered. "Were you high?"

"You're kidding me right?" Jon pushed the other boy's arms away and stepped back a bit. "Because I did not send you any note, in fact, I got one from you and that's why I'm fucking here and not wrapped up in my warm blankets. So you better start talking!" Now it was Jon's turn to be furious.

"Excuse me, sent what?!" Sebastien asked in total bewilderment.

"This!" Jon ripped a piece of paper from his back pocket and dropped it in the stunned boy's hand. "Remember now?!" Jon hissed.

"I didn't send no fucking note Jon!" Sebastien frowned then throw his own note into Jon's hands. "But I got one from you."

They both stared at the identical piece of papers with different handwriting that also happened to be theirs. Waves of shock stroke their faces as they stared into each other's eyes. Today marked one month both of their friends were found brutally murdered by an unknown psycho who seems to have a thing for the human heart and now they are getting strange notes written in their very own handwriting from an unknown person. Fear took over their facial expressions in minutes as they stood frozen in place.

"Nick!" Jon whispered silently since Nick is been the only friend who isn't with them.

"Nick?" Sebastien asked confused.

"Maybe he sent them," Jon answered.

"Nick doesn't even know how to write his own handwriting, how much more ours!" Sebastien replied in plain disbelief.

"He could be pranking us!" Jon suggested.

"Nick doesn't have that brain!" Sebastien doubted Nick would ever pull such a prank.

"Then let's call the sucker and find out!" Jon pulled his phone out and hissed.

"What?!'

"No signal."

"Let's use mine." Sebastien speed-dialed Nick and placed the phone on loudspeaker. "I swear, I'll kill that idiot if he's behind this-" Sebastien was cut off by Nick's voice booming from the speakers.