SMOKES

Chapter: Twenty One.

********

Jameson had just made a turn for his right when he saw dark smokes a bit farther from where he was, he stopped in his tracks and traced the smokes to see that it was coming from a nearby tree. Jameson isn't the type who concerned himself with things that aren't any of his business, but he was curious this time and so he left his usual tracks home and walked towards the smokes instead.

As he neared the tree he could smell gasoline and leather, it was coming off too strong as the smokes became ticker.

"What the fuck is that?!"

Jameson wondered out loud, one hand clenching the straps of his shoulder bag. He wasn't by any means scared of anything, he has more than one weapon to kill anyone who dares to attack him, so deeper into the woods he went until he was close enough to see that the smoke was caused by a car crashed into a really tall tree.

Jameson stood and watched as more smoke filled the area he could barely see a thing even he himself was clouded amidst the thick smoke.

He didn't want to be there anymore and so he took a few steps backward before a thin fire appeared from under the car, he thought he saw something, but then a loud explosion followed throwing Jameson miles away from the burning car.

Jameson lay on his back and cursed, the wood was lit up by the fire and Jameson could see around him, the burning car now a skeleton of itself. Jameson dropped his head into the forest floor and closed his eyes.

That was intense.

The boy smiled at his own thoughts.

Next time, don't investigate.

Jameson actually laughed out loud this time but soon stopped when he thought he heard something. He quickly opened his eyes just in time to find he wasn't alone anymore.

A young man probably a few years older than he was stood in his vision, one hand stretched out offering Jameson to grab onto. Jameson smacked the hand away from his face and stood up immediately.

He wasn't weak, he could help himself. He has been helping himself since he was a child. No one else cared enough and no one else offered to help even when they knew he was suffering. When they knew he needed help. When he would beg them with his eyes seeing that he was too terrified to speak out loud for fear of his sister seeing him.

They all ignored him. Pushed and shoved him about. Called him names. Laughed at him. No one cared to ask the whipping boy why he sat alone at the corner crying.

Jameson glared daggers at the strange boy for a while before shoving past him and walking off into the woods without uttering a single word.

The boy was weird, his clothes looked old and tattered and he reeked of alcohol. Jameson didn't like the boy one bit, not with those eyes that seem to be burning into him. Jameson never felt anything and this strange boy was making him feel something, something he never wanted to feel ever again.

Weak.

***************

Jackson stood and watched the boy walk away from him like the hounds of hell were after him, the boy's black eyes were too dark that it made Jackson feel as though he was staring into eternity. His black hair matching the colors of his eyes, he has a baby face and small shiny red lips that looked too good to belong to a boy.