S E V E N

Oh no, I completely forgot.

"Ummmmmm, welllll." I start

"Where were you, young lady?!" Mia screams

"M-My boyfriends house." I say.

"Well" my dad starts, "you two are banned from seeing each other until school starts again. You are also grounded until it starts."

"What!" I ask. "This isn't fair.

"This is 100% fair, Annabeth. It's your fault that you didn't tell us 1 you had a boyfriend and 2 you were sleeping at his house!" Mia states calmly.

I pull my hair in frustration and stomp up to my room.

I look in my wall mirror and see that my hair is sticking in all different directions. I pull a brush from my bathroom drawer, and brush through it.

I get a text on my phone and I look at it

From: Percy 🐟

Hey Annabeth, I haven't actually asked you out, so technically you aren't my girlfriend. So will, you, be my girlfriend?

I'm both happy and sad by this text. I'm not allowed to be with him until school starts, which is luckily in 2 days, but if I reply to this my parents might find out and that'll lead to further punishment. I sigh and text back.

From: Annabeth 📖

Percy, I think it'll be best if we don't see each other for a while. Things just aren't working out. So no. I'm sorry.

With that, I block his number on my phone.

I grab a pillow of my bed and cry.

-__________________-

"Sweetie? Open the door. Dinner" Mia's voice echoes through my room.

"Go away!" I sob. I'm still heartbroken about breaking up with Percy but I'm also angry with my parents for what they've done to me.

"Honey, we've got you're favorite, mashed potatoes." My dad says. Well, I do like mashed potatoes. But I'm not giving in.

I hear huffs on the other side of the door and they walk away. I get my smartphone and put on a random song to get rid of my sorrows.

Safe and Sound by Taylor swift comes on. I smile. I loved this song and I kinda look like Taylor Swift.

"Don't you dare look out your window, darling everything's on fire." I sang along with the song. It stops playing and my phone rings. I look at the caller ID and it says

BLOCKED NUMBER.

I answer it confidently.

"Hello? Mia Chase speaking. This is?" I ask in my best stepmothers voice.

"I love it when you do that, wise girl." Percy says through the phone. I cringe.

"I said we can't see each other. And talk. Go away, Percy." I cry. I hang up and block the number. I was distraught because of stupid seaweed brain. I know this was my decision but he was making it harder by trying to get back with me. I get off my bed and brush myself off. Walking into my bathroom, I see that my eyeliner has leaked everywhere, so I look like a zombie. I wash it off then, walk into my closet. I go down on my knees and close my eyes.

"Hey, mom? You probably can't hear me but, I don't know what to do. I just broke up with Percy because of Mia and dad and I'm just so sad and angry. I love you. There's this thing called Camp Half-Blood, apparently it's the only safe place for demigods. Should I go there. Please, mom, I need your advice." I say.

"Annabeth." Athena's voice echoes through my head. "You should go there. You'll be safe. You'll see your brothers and sisters. Percy will go there. Thalia will go there. The children of Hades will go there. I am sad that your relationship has fallen through but I did not approve of Percy. He's just another sea spawn. Goodbye, Annabeth." She goes, and leaves me for another month. I was only allowed to talk to her once every month.

I run out and grab the brochure. Running down the stairs, I see my stepmother and my dad sitting at the table, eating mashed potato and sausages. I throw the brochure at them and it lands square in my dads mashed potato, sticking upright do he can read it.

"I'm going." I say, then run back to my room.

This is going to be a long weekend.