Chapter Fourteen

Walking over to him, I sit down on his bed. "So what do we do now?" I ask.

"Whatever you want." He says, playing with my hair.

"I want to go to bed." Laying down next to him I close my eyes.

And sleep.

I wake up to an empty bed. Laying there, I watch dust particles float in the ray of sunshine coming from the window. I stretch before sitting up. The clock on the stand says nine o'clock. I've never slept in this late before.

Will I ever get to go back to the campus to live? Will I be able to knowing they're teaching us lies? All my life I've been told how werewolves are murderers, always putting the blame on them, when in truth both sides have blood on their hands. I have to make this right.

Not because I need to, it's because I want to. I want to help these people. All of them. This war has been going on for too long. It needs to be stopped. I don't know if talking is going to be helpful, but I need to try to set things right.

I head downstairs to find pack members everywhere. All with huge plates. "Finally, I've found people with my appetite." I say, smiling. I walk into the kitchen to find Damon. My mood instantly turning sour. "Good morning, Cassandra." He says, with bags under his eyes.

"Good morning." I turn away from him and pour myself a cup of coffee. The strong scent makes me smile as I remember my father drinking coffee every morning. My mother used to scold me for drinking it at such a young age.

I form an ice cube and plop it into the cup and take a sip. "Ew, you drink that shit black?" I look up at Vince's voice and laugh. "Yeah, do you not like it?" I ask.

"Well, I've never tried but it looks gross." I hold out my cup to him and he takes a sip and grimaces. "It needs sugar. He dumps sugar and creamer in and drinks more. He sighs in happiness and downs the cup. "That's better." He says.

"Thanks for taking my coffee." He looks at me. "Sorry, I'll make you another cup." He goes to pour it but I stop him. "It's okay, I'm going to go for a run. I think I'm leaving today."

"Can I go with you?" He asks. "You can't come in with me. I don't know if they'll even accept Rebecca. You can wait in the woods." He nods before rinsing the cup.

"If he's going so am I." Damon speaks up.

"They know your face, that's too much of a risk." I tell him.

"I'm going, end of discussion." He says, glaring at me.

"Listen, bitch. You don't get to demand anything. Next time it happens I'll rip off your dick and shove it up your ass. Understand me." He growls and leaves. "Angry much." Vince says.

"I hate it when people try telling me what's going to happen without asking first. It's even worse coming from someone who lied to me." I tell Vince.

"So about that run."

Vince and I head off into the woods. We follow the well beaten paths through the trees. He runs in his human form so I can keep up.

All of a sudden, he slams into me and I fall towards the ground. "Really, Vince?" I start running again. When he least expects it I trip him using a vine hanging from the trees. "I think I might just leave you here." I say, laughing.

"Very funny, now let me go." He says. "I don't know, you never did say sorry for pushing me." I tease him.

"Sorry, now get these things off of me!" He starts to squirm and I let them go. "Thank you." He says.

"We shouldn't probably head back." Vince says. "Yeah." We start to run back when I hear shouts up ahead. Vince glances at me and we run faster.

The trees whip by in a blur. Soon we reach the village. Smoke and fire. Screams of pain ring out over the clearing. I see two people off in the distance. One with fire in their palm, the other controlling the smoke.

I'm not talking about with air. Smoke pours out of their hands. "Go find Damon, tell him to put out the fire, I'm going after them." I tell Vince, calling upon my water. "Be careful." He tells me, pulling me in for a quick kiss.

I nod and start running back into the woods to flank them. I come up behind the and shoot water at the man controlling the fire. He's stringer than most. Controlling it with ease. When the water hits him he falls to his knees. His comrade turns towards me.

Smoke fills my nose, suffocating me. I do the only thing I can think off. Something I never thought I could do. Blood starts pouring out from his nose. I avert my eyes.

I squeeze my hands together and blood goes everywhere. I stand their shocked. Both of them are dead. Their blood is on the ground, all over me, everywhere. I fall to my knees. What have I done?