Chapter 2

Ben's POV:

"You haven't seen Kevin today have you?" My cousin Gwen asked.

Adjusting my position as I sat on my bed, holding my phone up to my ear, I replied,"No..."

"I really think that we should search for him to make sure that he's okay."

"Yeah, sure," I said, not fully listening, trying to watch an episode of my favorite tv show. "But now's not really a good time. I'm watching a Sumo Slammers marathon on tv and-"

"Ben! Kevin could be captured, or injured, or on a different planet for all we know! We have to go look for him right now."

"But Gwen-"

"I'll be over in fifteen minutes."

"Fine," I said, sighing and putting down my phone.

Kevin could be in trouble. Yeah, but he can take care of himself right? And besides, this is a Sumo Slammers marathon we're talking about here; I can't miss it! Its too awesome to miss! I guess Gwen's right though. Hey, maybe I could tape it!

-

Tracking Kevin by his Plumbers badge, we ended up in his garage.

"He's not here," Gwen stated as we walked in.

I picked up his black and green badge, which rested on the ground by his car, a green Charger with two black stripes running from the hood to the trunk.

"No, but his badge is," I said, showing it to her.

"I wonder what happened."

Tools were strewn across the floor, as if he'd been working on his car then got called away.

"Let's find out." I looked at the Omnitrix, a watch-like device on my left wrist. It was mostly white, with black and green bordering it on the band, and a black square in the center with green lines almost in the shape of an X.

I set it to the right alien, and hit the center with my hand, initiating the transformation. My skin began hardening and my whole body was growing larger.

"Clockwork!" I said, which is what I always did after I transformed. I said the name of the alien. And Clockwork just happened to have a Russian accent.

Clockwork was a large robot-like alien made of copper with black stripes on him and green glass in the center of his large chest showing the gears inside. The Omnitrix symbol was in the center on the glass, the symbol being just like what was on a Plumbers badge. He had long arms, short legs, and a semi circle protruding from his head.

Using Clockwork's awesome ability to see the past, the scene around us began to go in rewind. I saw Kevin's mom peek in quickly, probably expecting to see Kevin working on his car, but leaving confused.

The change in the sun's position in the sky was the only interesting thing going on a while after that, until Kevin came into view, unconscious and over Vilgax's shoulder. I waited until Kevin was back underneath his car and Vilgax was gone until I mentally pressed the play button on the scene.

The muscular, intimidating, seventeen year old slid out from under his car, asking,"Gwen, is that you?"

In response, the huge green alien that was one of my worst enemies hit him in the head with some large metal object, the action so fast it was a blur.

I heard Gwen gasp.

Ouch, that had to hurt.

We watched Vilgax effortlessly swing our friend over his shoulder and saunter away, his footsteps loud against the asphalt.