Time to go

Max roamed his gloomy bedroom, searching for something to distract him from the intense aura that was cast in the apartment. Discovering that he and his father are being hunted down by a maniac that already attempted to kill them in the past was not how he wanted to spend his afternoon. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn't get that lady out of his mind. That terrifying smile...

Footsteps slowly ascended the stairs, which creaked every so often. The door's handle turned and it opened, revealing David on the other side, concern and fear stretched all over his face, without a hint of happiness. Without a word, he sat down beside him on the edge of his bed.

"Are you doing alright?" He asked.

"Does it look like I'm doing alright?" Max retorted angrily.

He said nothing back, but instead, he slowly stroked his back, just like he did to him. They endured silence for about a minute.

"..Do you think no one else was in the city because of Daniel?" Max finally spoke up. Ever since that encounter, that was one of the many questions he'd been yearning to ask.

The redhead took some time to think about it, before answering with "No doubt about it."

Max only nodded. Suddenly, his eyes widened as everything began to make sense. "Daniel must've brainwashed the city!"

"Wha-How-"

"The purification sauna! You know - the steam thingy that turns people into brain-dead zombies?" He exclaimed. "He must've brainwashed them when we went camping and used them to hunt us down!"

Horror hit David like a brick as he now too not only knew but understood what this meant.

"David... I don't think we're safe here anymore."

"Me neither." Fear-stricken, David stands and looks down at Max. "Pack your things. Try to only bring valuable items, necessities, and clothes as we need to travel light. Once this is over we can come back. First thing in the morning tomorrow, we're getting out of here." He gave a comforting smile, attempting to shine some light through the nightmare they were both experiencing. A nightmare that was unfortunately all too real.

And with that, they got to work. They packed a week's worth of clothes, toiletries, non-perishable foods and water, money, their phones, and David garnished himself with small weapons and tools - for self-defense, of course.

After that, they placed their bags in David's room. Some time passed, and the time had come to go to bed, so David led Max up the old wooden stairs to his bedroom.

"Why can't we go now? Why do we have to wait until tomorrow to go?" Max suddenly piped in to save them from the unsettling silence.

"Because we'll be less tired, and all of our strength will be back when we head out. You can't just keep doing things without recharging." David lectured, along with a second attempt to smile and lift the mood a bit. He had to stay positive for his boy, but in all reality, he was scared. Scared for him.

"I... don't think I'm going to be able to sleep tonight."

David's smile faltered a bit. "How about you sleep in my room tonight?" The boy gave a sleepy glance at him and mumbled "Mmhalright."

David could see Max was exhausted, so he picked Max up - which resulted in a few annoyed insults thrown at David and set him down on one side of his bed. He tucked him in and smiled before giving him a kiss on the forehead. (THIS ISNT MAXVID YALL ARE SOME GROSS ASS FUCKS)

"Goodnight Max," David whispered as he hopped into bed.

"G'night Dad..."

Little did they know that staying for the night was a very.. very bad decision.

--------------------------------------------------

*BOOM*

*CRASH*

David awoke with a start. His head pounding, his blood turned cold and his eyes widened in fear upon hearing multiple voices coming from downstairs, along with many large bangs. Heart racing faster than the speed of light, he crept up to the door and opened it slightly, enough to see the shapes of more than 5 people accompanying a tall, blonde man, who wore all white.

They needed to leave, now.

He ran up to Max and shook him vigorously, and his eyes shot open.

"The fu-"

"Shh... we gotta get out of here now!" David whisper yelled. Max suddenly twisted his head to the door. He must've heard the voices as well. They raced to grab their already packed bags as the floorboards started creaking. They were coming upstairs. David unlocked and opened the window, revealing the terrifying height they had to jump down.

--------------------------------------------------

Grinning wildly, Daniel crept up the stairs ominously, like a predator looking for small, innocent prey. Except David and Max were not innocent. The two did everything in their power to stop his plans of ascension, which greatly displeased Zeemoog. After purifying as many people as he could in the city, Zeemoog granted him permission to do whatever he sickly desired to the two, and the thought of that made Daniel rub his hands together like a giddy child. If he had to wait any longer he was sure he was going to explode. Equipped with a knife in his hands and... other things in his bag, he tip-toed to the door to David's room and violently swung the door open.

His smile faded as he analysed what was before him. An empty room - with a wide-open window, wind blowing onto the curtains.

--------------------------------------------------

The street stretched out as far as David could see, but he kept running until he could not run anymore. He and Max hid in an old, deserted alleyway and collapsed onto the hard muddy concrete, legs burning with pain. He covered his mouth with his hand to control his sharp breathing as Max dug into one of the bags and found a water bottle to give to David. The liquid burned on his dry throat, but he was desperate and chugged half of it in record time. Vision blurring from tears, he glanced over to Max, who was sitting next to him, knees brought up to his chest.

"Is anything going to happen to us anytime soon?" He asked in a dull tone. He turned to face David, their eyes locking. His eyes were bleary, but filled with despair, and it absolutely shattered David's heart. He pulled him into a tight hug that surprised Max but eventually returned.

"Nothing's going to happen to us, Max." He responded, moving some of his hair behind his ear. "I won't let it."

--------------------------------------------------

WOO WEE THAT WAS A CRAZY ONE

im gonna see if i can add more dadvid moments and david comforting max and vice versa instead of just running from daniel lol but heres this crazy shit for now

im also gonna be adding really good music that (totally relates to the story in any way) kinda sets the scene up a little bit

bye

13/10/18