The final battle (+ A/N)

!!A/N!!
ok so before this chapter starts
i know i said earlier that there was going to be a bad and good ending, but i decided that i was going to make it just a good ending because idk how to write anything else LOL
[EDIT]also thank you for 500+ reads !
[EDIT EDIT] sorry this took so long! i've been suffering with MAJOR procrastination and i cantgetanythingdonehelp
enjoy

------------------------------
**BLOOD AND VIOLENCE WARNING**

David wondered what he and Max would be doing if they hadn't been forced into this godforsaken mess. Perhaps they would be stuffing their faces with pizza or anticipating the first day of camp without a worry in the world. Instead, their lives were on the line at the hands of someone he once thought of as a friend.

He shouldn't have been so blind when he hired him. He could've avoided this, avoided the monster looming behind him from laying a hand on his son.

"You honestly thought I would let him go that easily?" Daniel snickered lowly, cold metal digging into his neck. He had to think fast. One wrong move could spell disaster.

David desperately searched inside the vacant room for anything he could use against him, but it proved futile.

But as soon as Daniel forcefully dragged David into the room and grabbed a coil of rope, he knew he had to act now.

He brutally elbowed Daniel in the nose and he loosened his grip. David took this as an opportunity to slip out of his grasp as he pivoted toward him.

He had two options: Deal with Daniel first, or go and protect Max. He stared at Daniel with absolute fury in his eyes as he made his decision.

He prepared himself to throw the first punch. Daniel expected the blow and was able to easily block it and mirror it with his own against his jaw. David stumbled back, clenching his jaw in pain. Daniel wasted no time in pouncing as he threw himself onto David and tackled him, the air forcefully being taken from him. Daniel gripped his kris dagger and brought his arm up, ready to plunge into David, but he wasn't giving up so easily. He used both hands to prevent the dagger from going down and pushed his hips to the side. He curled his feet and brought them to Daniel's hips, allowing him to push Daniel back. He violently kicked Daniel in the chin and he doubled over, coughing as blood spilled from his mouth. He silently thanked the mandatory self-defense lessons he had to teach at camp. It was a shame no one listened to it.

David scrambled to his feet as Daniel swung again. David just barely ducked under, responding with a vicious kick to the groin. Daniel winced and paused, distracted. David took this as an opportunity and sent a punch to his nose. The blood pooling out of his nose made David stop and cringe for a small moment. Daniel recollected himself and grabbed David's hips and swung him, throwing him to the ground.

David cried out in pain as he hit the wood floor, his whole body aching and growing tired from the nonstop onslaught. Before he could jump back up, Daniel slammed his foot on his chest and brought a strong hand to his throat. He chuckled as David wheezed and gasped, desperate for air and clawing at his hand.

Still, David kept fighting.

"Will you- quit it!" Daniel's hand squeezed David's throat harder (( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)) and his struggles seemed to halt, unable to continue with the lack of oxygen in his lungs.

"I'm going to keep you and Max alive, however..." He grabbed his dagger and brought it dangerously close to him. "If you keep this act up, I won't hesitate to drive this straight into your chest before you can even say sorry. Surely you wouldn't want to put your son through that horrible sight, would you?" He threatened.

David's panicked eyes glanced towards the small boy in the corner of the room as he shook his head.

Daniel hopped off him and David gasped loudly, greedily taking as much air as he could while wheezing and coughing. He tried to get up, but the pain was too much and any energy he had was forced out of him.