Chapter 2: Qian Xiaoqi, Wait

Qian Xiaoqi couldn't describe what she felt when she saw Song Liangzhuo. It was like drinking a cup of iced pickled plum soup in the great heat of summer, like sitting at the edge of a lotus flower pond, enjoying the breeze while singing a little tune and snacking on little five spice-seasoned melon seeds. In short there was just one word: comfortable.

But so what if it was comfortable? Xiaoqi didn't remember how much she loved him at all. All she knew was that he had hit her, and even caused her precious head to knock against some table. For Xiaoqi not to be angry about this was impossible. Xiaoqi had this very faint feeling that this was the first time she had ever been hit from the time she was a child until now. She also felt that she wouldn't push someone down a well. Don't ask her how she knew, she just knew. A woman's sixth sense is very accurate. Xiaoqi has always believed this point.

As Qian Xiaoqi looked at Song Liangzhuo who walked in wearing a robe of white, her feathers became a bit ruffled. He was clearly wearing matching married couples clothing with that Wen Ruoshui! When walking back from the government office, shouldn't he be wearing an official's uniform? This is a provocation! Plainly and clearly a provocation!

Song Liangzhuo saw that Xiaoqi was staring straight at him and felt a bit embarrassed as well as a little displeased. Covering his mouth, he gave a slight cough. "Have you reflected? Do you know where you've wronged?"

Qian Xiaoqi responded with a different topic. "Miss Ruoshui just came over earlier."

"What about it?"

"Nothing much." Qian Xiaoqi cast a glance at Song Liangzhuo, then she wrinkled her nose and said, "She said you two have a really good relationship and that you two have known each other ever since you guys were little."

Song Liangzhuo rubbed his forehead without a word.

"She's really pretty." Qian Xiaoqi glanced at the festive red inside the house and knitted her brows. "Lu Liu said that tomorrow should be the first return of the bride to her parental home. Are we still going back?"

"What does Wife say?"

Qian Xiaoqi trembled for a moment, then grinned. "Don't call me Wife, I know you don't like me. You should just call me Xiaoqi."
Please do not host elsewhere but MBC and Yumeabyss
Song Liangzhuo readily followed the good advice. "What does Xiaoqi think?"

"Let's not go back for now. You can just have someone send a card over. After my cheek stops swelling I'll go back by myself."

Song Liangzhuo felt a twinge of guilt as he looked at her still swollen cheek. He doesn't hit women, but he had never seen someone who would still keep their neck straight and refuse to admit it after harming someone. Not admitting it was bad enough, but in the end she even said something like 'So what if I pushed her? If you have the ability then just push me down as well'!

He knew that she wasn't a gentle and virtuous kind of person, but he didn't expect that she would be so unreasonable. Where was there even a trace of the bearing of a daughter from an large influential family? In a moment of rage, he ended up hitting her.

In actuality, Song Liangzhuo immediately regretted the moment he flung that palm out. Even though he wasn't completely delighted to marry her, he did know of the feelings she had towards him. He knew that even though her behavior was a bit uncouth, her personality was straightforward. Moreover, it's not like anyone forced him to marry her. It was he himself that headed over to ask for the marriage, wasn't it? No matter what he should give her a cozy and satisfactory life.

Qian Xiaoqi took advantage of the time Song Liangzhuo was deep in thought to steal a couple more glances. She discovered that this little guy truly was worth multiple second looks, but it's still not to the point that Madams and Aunties would go crazy about him, right? Qian Xiaoqi slightly squinted her eyes and an image immediately appeared in her mind.