Chapter 6: Qian Xiaoqi, Wait

Xiaoqi felt a familiarity with Qian fu that came from the bottom of her heart. The moment she jumped down from the carriage, she impatiently ran inside. She could not recall who the manservant that ran off with a smile to notify everyone was, but the moment a gorgeous woman – dressed in a dark red dress, with her hair pinned up completely with pearls and flawless, natural looking makeup look – swayed her way over, Xiaoqi threw herself over with a cry. It was just that... she didn't know what to call her.

The woman was very delighted. Hugging Xiaoqi, she jumped with her wildly for a spell.

"Alright, alright, calm down now. If mei fu(younger sister's husband) sees, it wouldn't be good." The woman pushed the pearl hairpins that had loosened back into place. Sweeping a glance towards the Song Liangzhuo who walked in soon after, she smiled. "You two are only just doing the first return now? Yesterday we waited for you two since the morning, yet all we got in return for waiting was just a little message."

The woman cupped Xiaoqi's face to take a look, then cried 'yo-' before asking, "How come this half of the face looks swollen?"

Qian Xiaoqi pried off the woman's hands and said, "I have a toothache so there's severe swelling."

"Ya-, have you seen a doctor?"

"I did, I did. See, isn't it already pretty much better?"

Qian Xiaoqi scratched her forehead, still at a loss as to how she should address her. Looking at the woman, it didn't seem possible that she was her mom, so she laughed with a 'heehee' and said: "Jie(older sister), why are you living at home?"

"Pshaw! If I don't live at home where would I live? If you let your Second jie fu(older sister's husband) hear, he'll probably get angry!" The woman lifted her brow as she delicately scolded.

Qian Xiaoqi went over with a spoiled and cute little attitude to hug her arm as they walked in, "Where's da jie(eldest sister)?"

"Yesterday she came over but several naughty eggs caused a load of trouble at home so she went back again later in the afternoon."

The woman turned around to address Song Liangzhuo who was following behind them with a mild smile on his face. "Younger Sister's Husband should head to the hall first. You shouldn't follow us two women, lest your dignity drops."

Song Liangzhuo smiled as he said, "Let's go together, I'll greet Father-in-Law and Mother-in-Law with Xiaoqi."

"Oh alas, you seriously are a good guye. Xiaoqi didn't chase all these years in vain." The woman laughed, causing the pearl hairpins on her head to jingle.

Xiaoqi pouted and felt a bit wronged. It seemed like it was her, Qian Xiaoqi, that always ran chasing after him. But who was it that told her, that regarding affection, the one who acts first is preordained to lose? Is she, Qian Xiaoqi, preordained to be the pitiful, bullied around one? Xiaoqi scratched her head. Who was it that told her this?

A round and plump middle-aged person came out from inside the house. At one side was a graceful and alluring, magnificent without end, beautiful missus. The fat old man smiled like a Buddha and walked over with his belly proudly bulging forward. Xiaoqi's eyes were bright and sparkling as she stretched both arms wide. The fat old man winded around a bend, then stretched out his hand and clapped Song Liangzhuo's shoulder, seeming rather gratified.

Xiaoqi, who still had her arms lifted, felt a bit jealous. She couldn't hold back and just flung a hit at the fat old man next to her. Only at this did the fat old man turn around happily and stretch out an arm for Xiaoqi to hug. Xiaoqi gave an annoyed humph and ran to the beautiful missus' side to hug her arm and walk in.