Chapter 15: Xiaoqi, Don't Go Past the Walls

Qian Xiaoqi got up early in the morning and even rummaged through the treasure chest to fish out a broad-brimmed hat. Song Liangzhuo was disturbed awake from the sound of her moving back and forth. Looking out the window at the dawn sky which was just turning white, he felt a bit helplessly irked.

Xiaoqi stuck her head out. Seeing that Song Liangzhuo was already awake, she hastily put on the white gauze hat for him to look at and even twirled in a circle as she asked with a smile, "How is it? This way a parasol isn't necessary and my hands can be used to hold other things."

"Good." Song Liangzhuo rubbed his forehead. "What else do you want to take?"

"If there's any wild fruits or flowers I can pick them!"

"At this time of the year, where would there be wild fruits?"

Xiao Qi blinked. "That's true." An instant later she laughed again. "Then just treat it as an accessory hat to wear. As long as it looks nice."

Song Liangzhuo laid down again and said gently, "Waking up so early, be careful that you don't complain about being tired when you arrive."

"How could I be tired when we're going out to play?"

Xiaoqi hid behind the curtain and changed into a cool cotton garment. The outer layer was a light purple gauze and inside was white embroidered bloomers. If the skirt got in the way, she could probably directly lift it up. Xiaoqi twirled in a circle, satisfied, then ran to the outer room. "Why is Official Song still sleeping? Hurry up!"

"The rest of them haven't woken up yet. Moreover, we still have to eat breakfast before heading out."

Xiaoqi ran to the door and took a look. Then she said with an agreeable smile, "Why don't we head out first? Just have them follow soon. Or you can just throw me there first and then come back to get them?"

Song Liangzhuo slightly wrinkled his brows as he looked towards Xiaoqi who was filled with excitement. "You're in this much of a hurry?"

Xiaoqi kicked the ground. "I've been bored for a long time."

Song Liangzhuo thought back to the past two years in which she waited in front of the government office gates early in the morning every day and his heart warmed. He smiled mildly. "That's fine too. We can eat breakfast outside on the way."

Xiaoqi hurriedly called Lu Liu to come in to help do her hair. While she washed her face, she didn't forget to say, "I want to eat the deep-fried breadstick on the east street of Qian fu."

"Are you going back to your maternal home or going out to play?"

Qian Xiaoqi shot a glance at Song Liangzhuo who seemed to be slightly off but still expressionless, then swalloed. "Fine, I won't eat. When I get home I'll make it for it myself."

Song Liangzhuo rubbed his forehead and also washed his face.

Only the top of Xiaoqi's hair was combed back and loosely pulled behind her head into a luxuriant bun, the rest of her hair was scattered over her shoulders. Her appearance seemed a bit mischievous and a bit laid-back, it really suited her personality and also showed the intention to go out to play.

Song Liangzhuo unhurriedly brushed his teeth. Seeing her curved eyes staring at him, he laughed inside and calmly called again for the manservant to prepare a bamboo hat before lifting his feet to walk outside. Xiaoqi ran to catch up. Seeing the bamboo hat in his hand, she reached out to touch it. "Can I wear this for a while?"

"Don't you have a hat?"

"The two are not the same ah!"

Xiaoqi saw that Song Liangzhuo didn't reply and reached out to give a tug. Then she gave another tug, and another until Song Liangzhuo loosened his grip and she grabbed it, laughing. She examined it, tried wearing it, then muttered, "I wonder who wore it before. It looks so familiar."