Experiments

Chapter 18- Experiments

It had been a week since Axel was shot. I barely ate, ignored the world and refused to answer any questions that the leader of this little gang that held me hostage asked. Until...

"Mason?" I asked, eyes wide with shock. It couldn't be.

"Yes Rebecca," the leader spat, "we have Mason now so that you will finally answer our questions and do as we ask. Unless you want us to hurt your friend?" He smirked evilly at me.

"No." I answered almost immediately.

Mason looked at me with a look of hurt in his eyes. Did he know what happened between Axel and I?

"Trevor, take Mason to the room where Rebecca is staying but tie him up!" The leader shouted.

"Yes boss." Trevor replied as he roughly pulled Mason away.

"What do you want with me?" I asked angrily.

"We did some tests." He replied. "We can't work out what is different about you."

"Then maybe I'm normal! You might have the wrong Rebecca Green!" I was soo happy! Maybe I'll be able to go home and forget this ever happened!

"Sorry sweetheart, but you're the right one." He winked which made me groan.

"Don't call me that" I grunted.

"We will be doing some tests with you so follow me." He started walking towards a room which had only a table and chair in it.

"Oh god, don't tie me to a chair again."

"No can do. Can't risk you running away from us during our experiments." He said as he called for one of his men to tie me to the chair.

He called another to bring him a glass of water and a knife. Wait what? A knife! Holy sh*t!

The knife and glass of water was placed on the table. I didn't move my gaze from the knife.

"First I want you to look deep into my eyes." I looked at him strangely. "Just do it!" He demanded.

So I did. I looked into his deep blue eyes.

"Now clear your mind. Only concentrate on reading my mind."

I kept staring into his eyes. With nothing on my mind.

"Nothing's happening?" I said with a questioning look.

"Okay so you can't mind read. Now for experiment number two." He smiled evilly as he picked up the knife.

He walked towards me and softly said, "I want you to know that I'm about to cut the top of your arm. If you don't tell you're body to protect yourself then this will hurt, but if you protect yourself using your mind then your arm won't even have a scratch in it.

I took in a deep breath and nodded to tell him that I was ready.

He quickly cut my arm and yes I started to bleed and it hurt like hell but then... Then something happened. My arm stopped hurting and the bleeding stopped. The cut closed over until there was only a scratch left on my arm.

"Wow." I gasped.

"Okay, you can use your mind to heal yourself and if we work on it you will be able to put a force field around you so that you can protect yourself. I nodded in response.

He then took a seat at the other side of the table and placed the glass of water in the middle of it.

"Now I want you to see if you can move this with your mind. Once again I want you to clear your head and concentrate on only this glass of water."

I nodded and screwed up my face pretending that I was trying to move it. I gasped for air and pretended to try again.

"It's not working." I sighed. Wow Bekka, you're getting good at acting.

"Well that's the last experiment so we now know what makes you different." He sighed in relief.

"Why do you want to find out so badly?" I asked.

"I could use you in my gang. If you can heal and protect yourself then you would be good at fighting and things." He said walking away.

"Eh, can I go to my room?"

"Trevor, untie her and take her to her room." He shouted.

Trevor was more gentle when taking me to my room. When we got there he unlocked the door then quickly shut it and locked it.

I saw Mason tied to the pole of my bed. I rushed over an tried to undo the knots but they were really tight.

"Bekka it's okay, just leave it." Mason grumbled.

"Fine, let your arms cramp up." I huffed.

I then walked around my room trying to find something that I could try to move with my mind.

I found a lipstick and sat it on my bedside table and cleared my head. I concentrated on only the lipstick. I screwed my eyes up trying to move it and it started to shake. But it was too hard and I let out a sigh. I stood up and took a few steps away from it. I put my hand out in front of me and concentrated again. I lifted my hand up and my lipstick floated in midair!

I gasped and the lipstick feel.

"OMG Mason!" I started to jump up and down.

"What is it?" He looked at me like I had four heads. How rude!

"I can move things with my mind!" I whispered.

"Are you on crack?" He chuckled.

"Guess you don't wanna see, smart ass." I smirked.

"Fine, show me, woman on crack." He smirked back.

I grabbed the lipstick from the bedside table and put it on the floor in front of him. I took a few steps back and did exactly what I did last time. The lipstick began to float again but I didn't drop it this time. I started to turn around to face where I had just grabbed it and gently placed it down.

I turned back around to see Mason's awestruck face. I smirked.

"Still on crack am I?"

"Wow, Bekka, h-how did you do that?" He stuttered.

"I don't know! I just concentrated and cleared my head. I tried to lift it with my mind and it worked." I grinned.

"That's amazing." He stared at me.

"Oh! I can also heal myself and maybe even protect myself from being harmed!"

"Are you an alien or something?" He chuckled.

Oh how I love that chuckle.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hey guys! Sorry that I haven't updated in soooo long! I've been struggling to think of ideas but I just started writing and it all just came to me :)

Anyways I hope you liked it! Please vote and comment, tell me what you thought!

~littleblondie_x