12| e d m u n d

"And if the sky should ever die.
We'd make our own light,
You and I."
~John Mark Green

28th April, 1974.

Funmi didn't like Pierce's boss and found it absurd to hire someone you couldn't stand. It was the same thing every single day, he'd be caught up at work till the late hours in the day with the most difficult jobs beyond what he applied for.

It angered her- It angered her so much.

What angered her most was how Pierce always managed to swoon her to stay away from his place of work every time she wanted to pay a visit. But not today.

Today, she was going to walk into the very front of it all. Her nose inhaled air painfully through the cold as she hugged Eric tighter against her body. The familiar white walls and shrubs underneath each window reminded her of a few moments of what home was being a newly wed without a plan.

Being reckless had never been so sweet.

A tad bit guilty but so sweet.

Guiltily sweet.

She chuckled softly in between a soft sigh as she pushed forward. Her fist landed on the door hastily as the cold seeped into her bones. It takes a while a then some shuffling when Edmund emerges from the warmth of the Wilson home.

His eyebrows furrowed, his hair tousled and a stubble had grown over his chin and cheeks. His hazel eyes bright, a certain light she'd never seen before as he sucked his lip into his mouth, face contorting in a grimace.

Parting his way for her to come in, his heart threatens to stop at the possibility of Maddie coming downstairs. He helps her shed her coat and she notices the little renovations in the home, the beige furniture, the flowery centre rug underneath the large black and white centrepiece.

She smiles at the photo set on the little stool by the single couch. It held the smiles of two people, one she knew so well, his hair gelled slightly, sleeves rolled up to his elbows and smile so bright it couldn't be compared to the toothy white smile of the woman wrapped in his arms, dark hair neatly combed, skin smooth and eyes so crystalline that it almost looked like-

"How's- how're you?" His voice came from behind with a certain softness that made her hug Eric so close to her chest.

"I'm okay." She turned, relishing the heat of his home as he crossed his broad arms, a worried look on his features. "I'm fine Edmund." She say more firmly.

"Okay." He sighed, leaning against the door frame. "Can I get you anything?"

       "Actually," she bit her lip. "can you look after Eric for me. I won't be gone long."

       "Of course." He breathed. His hands immediately reach out to hold him and Eric squirms before settling on his broad shoulder. "There's my beautiful nephew." He coos, free hand stroking his back lovingly and she almost drools at the sight.

She shifts slightly, putting down the bag of supplies for Eric. "There's everything in here for Eric, bottle, toys- you know how to change a diaper?"