Chapter 61

After Sylvia calmed down, Luna continued to speak: "We have to place our trust in Helix. He won't just be playing the role of a prisoner, he's going to compromise Thaleous' stronghold from the inside. This is our only shot at taking down this asshole, so we have to take it if we want to save both this realm and our home back in Helios. Besides." She continued, a thoughtful smile brightening her features. "Helix is hardly your average person. He does things most people could only dream of. Now, who's with me?"

"Aye!" They all shouted.

"Let's fuck these demon bitches up!"

"Analise!" Luna snapped, ears flattening against her head in clear agitation.

Evil laughter, "No regrets!"

Oh my...Luna knows how to get even. With a well-aimed right hook, she gave her best friend her comeuppance.

"Hey! No boob punches! That's just playing dirty, you evil woman."

Luna smiled, gazing sidelong at her child, "You heard nothing."

"Okay mama." Sylvia replied with a small grin.

The rest of the day passed semi-normally. Luna's speech had boosted the morale of everyone in the fort: Dorrian and Ben decided to have an archery contest, Sasha and Analise were in the middle of a game of Black Jack, and I decided to have a friendly duel with Soren, which ended with us disarming each other. Nova was on the ramparts of the fort. She told me that she was testing her gauss rifle out, and the screams of a few demons that got too close to the fort told me enough. Nova's mad laughter also made me doubt her sanity. I then caught sight of Stanford playing a round of chess with Evelyn, who was currently mopping the floor with him when I watched them play. I chuckled, then caught sight of Sylvia as she dunked an apple into Simon's body.

"Mmm...Sweet," Simon mused as he held his head in his hands, "Apples have such a nice, sweet taste to them. Throw some more in please."

Sylvia laughed with delight and threw a couple more apples into Simon. His eyes glowed happily as he somehow enjoyed the apples that were chucked into his armor.

"You seein' this?" I asked Luna as she stood beside me.

"Yep," She replied simply, "Who knew?"

I chuckled, "I know right?"

She smiled, "Wanna duel?" She asked, casually removing her staff from her back.

"You know it," I replied with a grin, also taking my staff off my back. Soon, everyone was gathered in a small ground near us. The people who've seen us duel before backed up cautiously. Soren's team noticed this and followed their lead. Dorrian hid behind Ben, who scowled.

"Really?" He demanded.

"Yeah," Dorrian began quickly, "Have you ever seen these two duel before?"

"Apparently not," Ben replied glumly.

There was a slight pause, then Luna launched into action, hurling spears of yellowish-green energy at me. I was able to create a shielding ward to stop the flying projectiles from hitting me. I stomped on the ground as my shielding ward crumbled, and Luna fell to her knees. In retaliation, she threw a punch in my direction, and I caught air as a yellowish-green boulder hit me in the stomach. As I landed on the ground, I pushed myself to my feet and snapped my fingers. A ring of pale blue spears appeared around me, and with a simple thought, they all flew toward Luna, who threw up a shielding ward that blocked every single spear. Now she stomped on the ground, and I fell to my stomach as gravity seemed to strengthen around me. Damn, it took a lot of effort to push past the effect of crushing gravity as I held my hand out before me, palm outward. I then balled my hand into a fist and jerked it to the left violently.