f o u r

hold me like i'm more than just a friend,
give me a memory i can use

recap of chapter three: carson helps eilish with her math homework, eilish discovers carson was smarter than she thought he was.

F O U R

F U N N Y

"MOST WOMEN ARE ATTRACTED TO MEN who possess a strong sense of humor, as it indicates higher intelligence and honesty

"MOST WOMEN ARE ATTRACTED TO MEN who possess a strong sense of humor, as it indicates higher intelligence and honesty."

Everett's ten minute introduction is terrible enough that Carson fell off his chair while sleeping. I'm required to tap his shoulder every minute or so to keep him from plummeting to the floor.

"Now Carson," Everett says, bringing out his folder. "You have to make Eilish laugh."

The thought alone is hillarious enough, but the mere attempt of making me laugh? Now that's satisfyingly pathetic.

"I think we'll be here until tomorrow," I say. "It'll take a decade for me to laugh,"

Carson raises a brow and tilts his head childishly. "I made you laugh the other day!" He looks at Everett like I've commited a crime. "Remember? When I was tutoring you,"

I scoff and roll my eyes. "I was smiling. That was barely a chuckle."

Everett barely acknowledges us with a nod of his head, storming out of the lab. "I'm leaving for trig. I'm also going to lock the doors to make sure none of you escape," he announces to the both of us -- but I know he's pertaining only to me. "I better come back with a delighted, laughing Eilish," he says.

"You're leaving your little cousin with a boy." I say. "Shouldn't I tell mom and dad?"

Everett smiles in reply while ruffling his blonde locks. He knows I'd say this, the irritable devil he is.