『4. Old Friend and Power』

Etsuko and her squad jumped out of the car, rolling on the ground. A heli, flying low, began shooting at them. Everyone dispersed to take cover. However when Yu saw Nagai laying motionlessly, stuck behind the driving wheel, he ran over to him with Shinoa following behind him.

"Of course he went," Etsuko sighed. "Mitsucchi, Mizucchi, look for any nearby vampires!" Etsuko quickly gave out orders. The heli aimed the gun at Yu and Shinoa who was still trying to take Nagai out.

The squad leader jumped in front of them before the bullets could give them a scratch, positioning her chakrams in front of her upper and lower body. Green runes appeared on the large gap of the chakrams, and repelled the bullets away.

"Yoicchi!" Etsuko called. Yoichi took his position and shot an arrow at the heli. It managed to shoot three bombs before exploding. Etsuko's chakram turned back to rings, as she urged Shinoa to leave Yu and Nagai to her.

"Come on, Yucchi!" Etsuko tugged Yu, looking behind right when the last bomb hit the car they were in. It exploded and destroyed the road. The two of them fell into an underground railway and landed with a thud, the rubbles blocking the hole.

"Etsuko!" Yu called, running over to the white-head. "Owie... my back hurts..." Etsuko cringed in pain with a childish pout. Yu sighed, smiling. "Let's find a way out. And fast. We can't let this mister to die," Yu turned to Nagai.

Etsuko checked his wound. "Looks like he hit his head pretty hard. But he won't die," she said. "Yu-san! Nee-san! Can you hear me?" They heard Shinoa called from the other side if the ruble. Yu happily rushed over. "Are you guys okay?"

"Of course we are!" Mitsuba answered. "Like hell we'd die here, Yuidiot!" Kimizuki called out. Etsuko approached. "Can you get out?" Etsuko asks, pressing a hand against the rubble. "The road's clear!" Kimizuki replied.

"Then go on ahead! We'll stop by somewhere!" "We'll meet up at the defense line!" Yu and Etsuko turned their back on the rubble. "Don't be late!" They heard Shinoa. Yu hoisted Nagai on his back, and started walking with Etsuko in front of him.

"I wonder if there are any vampires down here?" Etsuko wondered. "If there are, I'm gonna slice the life out of them," Yu said calmly. Etsuko turned slightly and wagged her index finger, disapproving Yu's choice of action. "No no no. You're carrying the corporal. Leave the fighting to me," she said.

Yu grumbled, "fine," he mumbled. Etsuko giggled and patted his head. It didn't take long for them to exit the abandoned tunnel and rushed towards the nearest camp.

"Now he should be fine," Etsuko assured after they left Nagai with a doctor. Yu nodded. "Oh, right! I heard there are four Moon Demon soldiers at a nearby park. We should check there," Etsuko suggested.

"Yeah. Maybe it's them," Yu said, and started spirinting. "Let's go!" "Okay~!" Etsuko cheered, picking up her pace to match Yu's. Etsuko watched at him with a wide smile. "You know, I'm really happy," she confessed.

Yu raised an eyebrow. "When I first heard about you from Gurecchi, he said you're as stubborn as a mule, obsessed with gaining power, and could care less for anyone else. Well, you still have the first two traits, but now I see you care about us the most."

"It's only natural to care for your family," Yu huffed, making Etsuko laugh. "The only family I care about is my brother and Shinoa-chan. Us Hiiragis weren't raised to love each other."

Yu lets out an exclamation of surprise. "That's stupid!" He said. Etsuko smiled sadly. "Well, I'm not from the same blood. Hiiragi is just a name for me," she pointed out. Yu frowned.

"They should be around here," Etsuko looked around. They heard metal clashing against each other from a distance. Both rushed to see Shinoa, Mitsuba, Kimizuki, and Yoichi fighting against a group of vampires, clearly outnumbered.