『8. Training』

I'm back and I have no pictures so enjoy this random Yu pic

ΦΨΦΨΦΨΦΨΦΨΦΨΦΨΦΨΦΨΦΨ

It was night time, outside of the city walls. Yoichi sat on top of a street light with his bow drawn, two runic circles floating about in front of his right eye. They were getting further away from the city for training.

"Yoicchi! Spot anything?" Etsuko called out from below with her hands cupped around her mouth. "There are three Horsemens if we go straight ahead!" Yoichi informed. Yu turned to the rest of the squad, "should we go kill them?" He asks.

"If we go and kill them, the sound might attract more. Let's start the training here," Mitsuba suggested. Shinoa hummed in a thoughtful manner. "But this training can cause damage. I'd like to get further away from the city," she said.

"If you don't mind, can I try taking them out from here?" Yoichi asks with a confident smile. Yu raised an eyebrow. "Someone's confident. Can you do it by yourself?" The Hyakuya asks. "At this distance, I think I can," Yoichi replied.

"Okay, go ahead then!" Etsuko gave him permission. Yoichi took a deep breath and exhaled them slowly, whispering something as an amorphous, green-and-black flame-like bird appeared behind him. He released the string of his bow as his arrows split into three, each going towards the direction of the Horsemens. He successfully killed them.

"I got them!" Yoichi exclaimed happily. Yu had his mouth agape, before he quickly turned to the three girls and shouted protests and accused them of giving Yoichi a special training, while the said boy dropped down from the streetlight.

"Actually, he figured it out by himself. Yoicchi always had high aptitude for controlling the gear," Etsuko informed, Yu grumbling. "Oi, Yoichi! How'd you do that?" Yu asks when Yoichi walked over to them.

"Oh, uh, nothing special, really. My demon and I just talks a lot when I go to sleep," he explained while scratching his cheek. Yu protested that his demon only comes out when the demon is trying to possess him.

"What do you talk to a demon about?" "Yesterday we talked about our favorite colors... I think." Yu sweatdropped at Yoichi's answer, he gripped his sword and asked his demon what his favorite color is, only to have silence as his answer.

"Hey! Don't ignore me!" "Ugh, stupid..." Kimizuki grumbled. Yu turned to him and pointed his index finger, "oh, so you can do it?! That's why you're running your mouth?!" Yu shouted. Kimizuki flinched, "o-of course I have!" He replied, stuttering.

"Sure you have," Yu challenged. "Fine, just you watch," Kimizuki glanced at his twin sword and asks, "answer me, Kiseki-O. What's your favorite color?" They waited for a good five second before Yu bursted to laughter. "Ha! Caught ya! But don't feel ashamed! We're partners in failure!" He patted Kimizuki's shoulder. "Hands off."

"Ahaha, nice try!" Etsuko laughed. "I suppose getting to know your demon is a good thing. It can give you benefits. I, for one, am close with my demon. Unlike you two boys," Etsuko teased with a smug smirk.

"Oh yeah? You're all bark and no bite," Yu crossed his arms with a smirk. However he scowled in disappointment when Etsuko waved her hand dismissively. "You can believe what you want."

"Now then!" Etsuko clapped her hands, "all playing around aside, why don't we begin your training?" "Yeah, we're far enough. But looking at how massively powerful their gear is, just the thought of their demon going rampage scares me," Mitsuba said quietly. Yoichi and Kimizuki looked towards Yu, who gave them an oblivious look.

"Well then, let's begin with a basic lecture on how to properly handle your cursed gear," Shinoa suggested. "Usually, this training goes slowly. But given how talented Yu-san and Kimizuki-san are, you're probably ready. At least according to Lieutenant Colonel Guren. Especially since Yoichi-san figured out by himself."