Chapter 5

A few hours later we finally get back to my house and Eric helps Kyle in taking him to the master bedroom on the first floor. Apparently, Eric went to the hospital in that woman's car just in case he was going to be a while. I close the door behind me as I enter my house.

Eric comes out and strips off his coat before ruffling his hair and walking over near me sitting at the kitchen table. "You okay?" He asks and I realize I've been standing against the door with my hands behind my back kind of in a trance from something. I look down at him and he is leaning back in the wooden chair in dark jeans and a black dress shirt. He looks at me confused and asks, "Rose? What's wrong?" He asks sitting up resting his elbows on his knees looking up at me. What is wrong with me? I take a gulp and I feel my cheeks flush as I rush up to my room to change out of my dress. Once I get in my room I close the door and slide down to the floor breathing heavily. Holding my head in my knees, I think to myself. What the hell is going on? Ugh, I can't seem to get my emotions in check. It's like they are all scrambled!

Suddenly there is a knock at the door and I lift my head with shock. "Uhhh. I am okay. Just um getting dressed." I shout out as I take off my heels and stand up walking over to my closet taking off my dress when Eric's voice rings through the door.

"Okay, I just thought I would check on you. Kyle is asking for you and when you get the chance can I um talk to you?" He says a little hesitantly. Taking off my bra I hang up my dress and go over to my dresser slipping on my sports bra, black tank top, and fuzzy pants. Taking a deep breath I pull my hair into a very messy bun and open the door. When I open the door Eric is leaning against the wall next to the door looking at the ceiling and he practically scrambles to stand up straight looking me over he blushes slightly before looking away.

"Sorry... I um I'll be downstairs." he says turning away and walking downstairs. I stand there slightly confused and head down to the master bedroom. Walking past the kitchen and living room I see Eric with his head down on the table and his arms around him. What is wrong with him?

I walk into the room where Kyle is and he is sitting on the bed in his tank top, with the blanket over his lap. He looks up at me with happy eyes as I walk over and sit on the bed next to him.

"Can I get you anything to eat or drink?" I ask and he just shakes his head looking down as his smile fades.

"Rose I am so sorry your birthday was ruined." He says but I lift his chin and look him in the eyes.

"What are you talking about? My birthday is ending with the two most important people in my life with me tonight. If anything I ruined your night because you getting hurt was my fault." Kyle shakes his head when there is a knock at the bedroom before Eric pops his head in.

"Can I um borrow your car. I'll put more gas in it I just got to pick up something." He says and I nod with a faint smile and say, "The keys are in my clutch on the table." He smiles and ducks out of the room so I look back at Kyle and he has a strange look on his face but he smiles looking back at me.

"Can you lay with me till I fall asleep?" Kyle asks hesitantly while blushing slightly. He is adorable when he is like this.

"Of course," I reply crawling up to the head of the bed and leaning my back against it and he lays his head on my stomach wrapping his arms around my waist making me blush.

I start to run my fingers against his hair and he lets out a soft moan making me giggle a little. I lean my head back against the soft padded headboard and let out a soft sigh. I meant what I said when I said that the two people I care about are with me. I am lucky that I have these two in my life because I know I feel like I don't deserve it. Honestly, tonight scared the hell out of me. I have no idea what Colton is capable of and the lengths he will go to reach what he wants. About 30 minutes later I hear the front door shut and I look down at Kyle he is sound asleep. Suddenly the bedroom door is opened and Eric pops his head in and sees Kyle asleep. I hold my finger to my lips telling him to be quiet and he nods stepping into the room.