Extended Prologue

When you think you are at the very end, the bottom remind yourself that if this is the bottom then there is nowhere to go but up.

*

One girl. One chance. And one big scary world. On the run for most of her life with her two companions, Nikkita believes she has no past or future. Alongside her friends she must find a home and stick with it. So, she chooses a town where there is everything, including trouble.

One guy. One Home. And two identities. Alec Ramos has lived in the same town for his whole life and he knows everyone in his town. But nobody knows him. He is the outcast and he wants a place in the world. He has a place but not as Alec Ramos.

When the two meet it is a flurry of arguments, staring contests and something involving tongues?

*

"It's time."

Silver stuck his hand out in front of him as he said it.

"We have been waiting for this moment and we are ready."

Jay placed his hand on top of Silver's and they both looked at me. I say the line I knew by heart putting my hands on top of theirs,

"It's time, we are ready and we will show them what we stand for."

They smiled and Silver opened his mouth,

"Everyone has a reason."

Silver nodded saying his part,

"Everyone has a cause."

I say the line looking at our hands,

"Memories, dreams and nightmares there is no way to hit pause."

"So we do it for him."

Silver looked at Jay,

"For him?"

Jay turned to me,

"For him?"

I looked between both before agreeing,

"For him."

We pumped our hands three times up and down. Before we could finish a hand caught mine on top and I turned to see someone in a helmet. He pulled his helmet off and I smiled.

"But most of all for us."

I smile hesitating slightly before nodding in agreement turning back to Silver and Jay and they nodded. Another two hands shot out.

"Can't forget us."

I laughed, genuinely happy. I then said,

"For all of us. Nobody is perfect, we are just different. We are ourselves."

I turned and he was smiling at me. He nodded,

"To us?"

I nod,

"To us."

We pumped our hands up and down three time. Throwing them up in the air, six hands instead of three. One caught mine and I knew who it was. How could I forget one of the biggest miracles in my life.

"To us!"