Chapter Thirty-Seven

Word count : 1777

"No," I whisper staring down at the positive test result.

//pregnant

//pregnant

Holy shit, I'm pregnant. This can't be happening. Not again, not so soon. I hold the test firmly in my right hand before opening the door with my left.

Niall looks at me expectantly and the tears flow from my eyes.

"I'm pregnant." Niall lets out the breath he was holding and runs his hands over his face and then through his hair.

"I'm so sorry," I sob. He furrows his brow before wrapping me in his arms.

"No, Violet. This isn't your fault. This isn't your fault at all." I hear the door close, assuming the nurse left to give us some privacy.

"I didn't want this to happen again, not so soon," I tell him and feel his chest vibrating as he hums

"I didn't expect this to happen either but it's now a part of our lives so we learn to live with it. We've done it before, we can do it again," he says calmingly. I sniffle and wipe my tears before I groan.

"My head hurts." I begin to feel weak as I stumble back.

"I gotcha," he says before picking me up and placing me on the bed. He pulls the covers over me and kisses my forehead.

"Sleep, you need rest."

"I can't, I don't feel good."

"Okay. I'm gonna go get the nurse, okay? Don't leave." I nod as he opens the door and pops his head out. He flags down our nurse before he comes to sit back in his chair.

"How we feelin'?"

"Shocked. Tired. Nauseous."

"I'm going to start an IV for you, get some fluids in ya," she says opening a draw and pulling out an IV kit. I get comfortable and hold my arm out for her. Niall holds my left hand in his.

I can't believe I'm pregnant. Not again, not so soon. Addison is only three months old, Emily is 5. I can't raise another child. Even with all the help I get, I can't do this. Tears begin to cloud my visions and Niall squeezes my hand.

"You're okay baby, I promise we'll be okay." I nod and feel the needle go into my arm. The nurse hooks up the IV and I slowly but surely fall asleep.

I wake up to pain in my stomach. I groan sitting up rubbing my belly.

"This is going to be worse than Addy, I can already tell," I say looking over to Niall asleep in the chair. I sigh and grab my phone checking the time to see it's 7:05 AM. There's a knock on the door that causes Niall to abruptly sit up and wipe his eyes.

"Good morning. Sleep well?"

"Didn't puke again so that's a plus. Still feel nauseous though." She nods and begins checking my vitals.

"Your fiancé here went ahead and filled out all of your discharge paper so whenever you're ready you can head out of here," she informs me and I smile.

"Thank you," I tell her. She gives me a sweet smile before beginning to take out my IV. Once it's out she bids us goodbye and I get dressed. Niall and I check out at the front desk before heading home.

When we open the front door we find Liam passed out on the couch with Addy on his chest and Emily on his stomach. I smile at the sight and pull out my phone snapping a picture. Niall goes into the kitchen to start breakfast and I pick up a squirmy Addy. I take her upstairs and feed her before she begins to cry. I lay her down in her bed and she instantly falls asleep. I make my way back down the stairs to see Liam watching the news. I enter the kitchen to find Emily helping Niall cook.