10.

We are about to leave, a sleepy dad comes out of his room, rubbing his eyes, "Skye, when did you get a boyfriend?"
"Dad, what? No Yoongi isn't my boyfriend, he is just a friend, we are working on a project" I say moving my hands up and down to make him shut up. Yoongi chuckles, and mutters, "Good morning, Sir" he bows down, my dad nods, "yeah bring her back before school" he says, folding his arms across his chest, pretending to be a strict dad; but I know he isn't. He is such a sweetheart. Yoongi nods.
[idk why i am imagining Jackie Chan]

[I am just leaving this here]

We are walking just like last time. There's a long silence but I don't mind that. He asks, "Have you heard about AGUST D?"
My inner fangirl bursts, "OMG, yes! I love that guy he is so talented! His tongue technology must be amazing in real life too!"
"Yeah, his real name is Min Yoongi." He says. He is looking at his feet, while walking and tries to hide his smile. I stop in my track, and observe him walking a few steps ahead. He turns around and gives his head a jerk, moving his bangs to a little left of his forehead. I recognise him as the guy in the AGUST D videos. I cover my open mouth with my hand, and run upto him. "OMG THAT'S WHY YOU ALWAYS LOOK SO FAMILIAR!" His smile disappears as if he wasn't satisfied with my reaction. His tongue is poking the inside of his cheek and we keep walking.

We arrive at what looks like a basketball court, there's a bench so we sit on it. I ask him, "so AGUST D? What inspires you to make music?"

I am so close to saying 'YOU'. But I don't. "People, their smiles, their frowns, their stories inspire me. I don't really know how to explain this but, everyone is so different. Everyone has a story to tell. You never know what's going through someone's mind and that's what amazes me. That's what infires me."
"Infires? It's INSPIRE Yoongi" she says. We have had this conversation before.

*Flashback*
We are at the backstage and I am not really in a mood to perform. I am next. "Nothing infires me man, I don't want to perform" I say pouting and she's laughing at me I don't know why. "It's inspire Yoongi, not infires" she says laughing while holding on to her stomach. *End of flashback*

Why do I feel that I have had this conversation before? Yoongi's sudden movements don't give me enough time to think about it, he moves to the basketball which is on the ground, picks it up. He spins it on his index finger, "How about a one on one?"
I get up to snatch the ball from his hands but I can't. He is too fast. Then, I realize that I have seen these movements before, the same tricks. He runs and throws the ball in the net and walks back to me as he can see my movements have stopped. "What happened, princess?"
Princess. A million memories flow through my head. I kneel down on my knees as my tears begin to fall. Yoongi hugs me as I remember everything in his arms. This familiar warmth.

*Flashback*
11 year old. I watch this boy from my school as he plays piano after school everyday. I look at him secretly, so he doesn't know I am stalking him. He is so cute. How does his piano sound like that when he plays? I see him as he softly plays the notes over and over. I watch him daily.
One day, as I am watching him, I feel someone tap my shoulder, I turn around frightened, to see Miss Kim, our music teacher, "what are you doing here Skye?" Before I say anything she says, "are you done with your practice?" I nod. "Then go home." She says. I nod and she walks away, I pick up my bag and start walking home. I hear footsteps behind me. I turn around to see the piano boy. He walks fast, and reaches me, "H-how do I play?" He says his eyes never leaving the ground. I look at him confused. "Yeah, I know you watch me playing everyday." Now he is looking at me and I am embarrassed. "Huh? The piano sounds amazing when you play. I want to hear more."
"I have a competition this Sunday, you can come" he says, handing me a flyer, which was in his hand. I take it and it has the words, Talent Hunt competition.
"I am performing too." I say to him, and he looks at me surprised.
"Yeah I am singing."

I remember how much I have loved singing and how I gave up on it a few years back. I cry even harder, tugging on Yoongi's hood.

For his performance, I am looking at him from a corner of the stage where I am not visible to the audience. He plays diligently, Winter Wind, though I have heard him play this repeatedly, all week, this time it's different.
He plays it with all his focus. It looks like he has captivated the whole room with the sound of his piano. There are stars all above his head, travelling and reaching some people in the audience, I see as one reaches near me too, at that moment he looks at me. I could see what image he is forming, and probably other musicians could do too. I can see a night full of stars, an ocean in front of me. It is silent and beautiful. He himself is a star.

[I couldn't find any picture of a young Asian boy playing piano and hell no one matches Yoongs so imagine your versions]

I remember when she saw me perform for the first time, I could only think one thing. Did it reach her? Did she see what I wanted to say? I hoped she did.
I saw her perform too, her voice was so beautiful, so strong, she hit all the notes correctly. So strong but at the same time so flexible, she switched from high to low pitch like it's child's play. I wish I could be as strong as her.
I remember another time, when she was all broken, "I am afraid. I can't perform, my brother who is always there when I perform isn't here today, and I can't perform."
Tears escape her eyes. Her brother Sean, was in the hospital at that moment. "Hey you can do it, the power of your voice, doesn't depend on your brother right? Moreover you HAVE to do it for him. It's like you are telling him to get well soon, alright?" She hugs me, the manager tells us, that she's next. I let her go. That still remains the best performance of her I have ever seen. There were stars above her. She looked so beautiful singing her heart out. She herself is a star.

Time flies and one day she tells me, "I am moving" and she's so happy about it. I decide not to ruin her day. Maybe she didn't feel the way, I felt for her. I accepted that. It's okay, if she doesn't like me, I thought I would forget her, I would find more girls.

Technically, I did find girls, but none of them captivated me like her. I had thought that I had forgotten her. I don't like her that way anymore, until I saw her at school that day. The same shine in her pitch black orbs, did the same magic of captivating.  I thought I would never experience that again.
When she's around, I can't think of any other girl. I love her.

I love him.