12.

As I had planned, we are heading to the beach, the sun is almost setting.
There is this restaurant I know which has outdoor seating, we walk towards it, and the owner of the place, is switching on the lights which instantly brightens the sand and the tables. Both of us select a table and sit on the chairs, a waiter comes to us asking us what we want and we both tell our orders. "This guy looks like an anime character to be honest" I whisper-say, we both start laughing.
"Do you remember how much you liked banana milkshake when we were small?" He asks me.
"Excuse me I still love it!" I say, "I remember how you used to buy me a bottle everyday returning home from school."
"Yeah, I remember that too."

Suddenly my phone starts ringing and I pick it up, only find that it's JB.
"Hey, JB, how are you?" I almost scream, yeah I am loud on phone. I look at Yoongi, his eyebrows are raised, as he quietly sips his drink.

"I am doing just fine. But Skye I wanted to ask you uh-something."

"Go ahead."

I hear a sigh from the other end.
"Uh, I don't really know how to put this but umm, would you go on a date with me?"

I am shook at his question, and Yoongi probably saw that he raised his eyebrows again as if asking what happened. I pause for a moment thinking and answer with a "yes"

"When are you free?"
"Umm, Saturday I guess."
"Okay Saturday I will pick you up at 7."

Now, I was considering this because honestly JB seems to be really nice and with the sweetness in his voice and his stammering, I didn't know how to say no. I mean I liked Yoongi, but I did not know whether he liked me or not. So I thought it won't hurt to go out with JB.

"What happened?" Yoongi asks with a confused expression on his face.
"Nothing, JB is taking me out on a date."
"Woah isn't that fast, considering you met barely 3 weeks ago?"
"Well, it won't hurt to try." I say and jump into the ramen in front of me.

After a while of reminiscing about our memories spent together,
"I am paying." I say. He fights back, "no I am paying" this goes on for a while, finally the waiter says, "For God's sake just split it, you love birds"
We do as he says, a shade of red covering my face, but Yoongi doesn't react.
"Thanks for today", he says with a small smile, touching the back of his neck, while we are in front of my home.
"You're welcome" I reply with a small smile.

Just as I get inside home, I call Manon.
"Manon, you won't believe what happened today" I scream.
"Oh did Yoongi kiss you?" I can imagine her smirking right now.
"No Manon, JB asked me out"
"And you said yes?"
"Of course I did"
"Why the hell did you think that Yoongi would kiss me?"
"Well because I think he loves you"
"Wait what? Why?"
"The way he looks at you with so much adoration in his eyes is different, Hobi knows it too"
"You guys are imagining things, oh wait how are things going with Hobi?"
"It's great, he is so amazing dancer, he makes it so easy for me"
"Skye!" I hear Sean yell from the dining table, I quickly bid farewell to Manon and say that I will talk to her later tonight about something important.

Me, Sean, dad and the lady who I used to call mom get seated on the table.
Ashley, looks at my dad sympathetically and then turn to us.
"We need to tell you something important" We don't bother looking at her and keep on eating our bibimbap.
"We are getting divorced" she lets the words out of her mouth
"Yeah we knew" I say and have another spoonful of the rice in front of me "I eavesdropped the conversation the other day"
"Yes and me and Skye have decided to move somewhere with dad, Ashley"
Sean speaks up. Wow, he said her name. That's why he's my brother. We think alike. She looks hurt at his rude attitude, but she deserves that, I mean nothing's wrong with falling in love but she shouldn't have cheated on dad.
My dad is surprised for a minute, as his eyes are widened. He calmly says playing with the spoon in his hand, "We are going house hunting Sunday"
All of us nod and the conversation ends there.
After dinner, my dad is dishwashing. I lend him a hand, and have a small smile on my face. "We are with you dad" I say to him and he immediately engulfs me in a hug.

Time skip brought to you by Strong Power Thank You

I tell Manon, about everything, from my friendship with Yoongi from years ago to Nayeon.
"Wow you guys were really close"
"Yes we were, I hope things remain the same between us." I say.

But who knows, what life might bring you.