005

LEE HYE JIN
I stared at my cupboard, which was neatly divided into a few main parts - denim/jeans, dresses, shirts, shorts/skirts, undergarments and shoes. 

The dresses section was very scarce. 

In the end, I simply picked out another black dress. It was very simple - just black all over from neck to knee. Of course it was slightly patterned, but otherwise... Plain. Even though it was not very eye-catching, this was my favorite out of all the dresses I'd own, as it was the most... modest-looking. The rest were off-shoulder dresses. 

To go with it, I plucked out a silver cuff which I placed at my biceps - it was a shape of a feather - and a silver necklace in a shape of a geometric cage. In the middle sat the Grandidierite that was similar to Taehyung's, but the silver lines of the geometric shape blocked out most of the aqua gem. I chose silver triangular studs to go with it, and I tied my ebony hair into a messy bun , leaving strands of hair to flow around my face. Just for the sake of doing so, I put on some makeup - just the basics, however. Like blusher, concealer, mascara and lip gloss. Satisfied, I admired myself in the mirror for a while, before parting ways with my reflection. It was only 5 p.m., so I decided to watch a Korean drama - "Hwarang ". It was such an amazing show, and I had to sniff and blink up at the sky continuously to stop me from crying. I absolutely must finish this show. I watched the moving pictures and colors that dotted the frame. It made me so emotional!

(A/N: if y'all don't get what I'm trying to say, refer to the pictures)

(hairstyle and dress)

(necklace - the silver one)* change the diamond to a gradidierite

* change the diamond to a gradidierite

(necklace - the silver one)* change the diamond to a gradidierite

(Arm cuff)

(Heels)

For two hours straight, I watched the show, occasionally putting bits of tissue below my eyes, so my tears wouldn't ruin my makeup.

It didn't.

"DING DONG!" the bell rang. I got up, clutching my purse tightly next to me, and went over to meet my parents. I made sure to turn all the appliances off, before I walked out of the door and strutted on my heels to the car. The car was a white Porsche, and was still relatively clean. I ducked into the car seat, and my mother turned behind from the passenger's seat to face me. "Wow, honey! You look amazing!" she cooed. I nodded my head and blew a strand of hair out of my face.

The drive to some fancy restaurant was quiet, none of us speaking a word - or bothering to. I was listening to music again through earpieces this time, my mother was daydreaming, my father was driving.

No conversation.

Absolute silence.

But none of us despised it. I reveled in it. Silence was a blessing, not awkwardness. Only after half an hour of driving, we reached. It was a grand restaurant, and I must say - I was impressed. The grand halls of marble white, shimmered under the chandelier's light. A red carpet was rolled out on the floor, and I tread carefully on it, afraid that one misstep would ruin the posh look of the rug. Grecian statues in all poses were frozen into place on a small table against each wall.

However, showing no interest, I trailed after my parents, trying my best not to jump and squeal and admire each piece of art, instead keep a dull and indifferent face.

We entered a room, a... Cubicle, I would say, as we went in to greet Mom and Dad's friends. They were seated at a rectangular table, which accommodated six velvet seats on either side, with them taking up two seats next to each other on my right side.

Well, I suppose we were to sit on the opposite side.

I bowed to Mrs. and Mr. Kim, both well and finely dressed. Mrs. Kim smiled, eyes crinkling with age, says, "Wah, my Hye Jinnie! So grown up and beautiful!" I denied politely, but took it in my stride. Sure, maybe my chest puffed up a little in pride, but I had to seem humble.

As my parents and them started having a complimenting battle, I fiddled with my napkin and kept silent, not saying a word.

Just then a handsome young man, hair parted in the middle and definitely more worthy to be an angel or something than a normal human, walked in, smiling at his parents with a rectangular box smile. "This is Kim Taehyung, my son," Mrs. Kim proudly introduced to us. I continued to smile politely, since despite his dashing looks, he wasn't my type.

AW, COME ON, HYE JIN! IT'S KIM TAEHYUNG! WE'VE FOUND HIM! My inner, real self - Seo Hye Won - yelled at my lazy brain. Well, yeah. Chill, dude. My outer self - Lee Hye Jin - waved the opposing side off. 

The troubles of shapeshifting...

I nodded, acknowledging his presence, and continued with my dreams. 

Only to be woken up by my mom.

"Ahem."

I gave her  a sharp glare before looking at the rest of the table.

"We... Have an announcement... For the kids," spoke Mr. Kim.

"I'm hardly a kid," grumbled Taehyung, "I'm nineteen."

Ignoring the younger's mumble, Mrs. Kim and my mom chroused,

"You guys are getting married."

OH MAN HOLY SHIT
OK lol now imma go write the next chapter
Hope u enjoyed, thanks for reading yo!!

Love,
Author 💟