Chapter 5: Survival Test!

Kakashi's POV

    I sighed in annoyance as I ran a hand through my hair, there was nothing in this profile. I was currently sitting on my coach in my apartment looking through Mai Haruno's profile that I had asked Lord 3rd for. This girl was a mystery in itself. The paper indicated that everything was average about her, grades, jutsu's, and even her civilian household. However, if that was the case than why does it seem that she's anything but average?

    Tossing the papers aside, I leaned my head against the coach and thought to myself, am I overthinking this? When I spoke to the Hokage over this he stated the same thing the profile said, she's average. I thought back to when she introduced herself.

    "I'm Mai Haruno." She stated with an emotionless tone as her calculating eyes gazed into mine. "I like reading and dangos, I don't really hate anything, and my hobbies are training." 

  "What's your dream?" I asked immediately noticing the immense difference about the twins.  

    She paused for a moment seemingly thinking about it,"I want to become an Anbu so I can eventually find out the truth about a certain incident."  My eyes widened slightly, she couldn't possibly mean that incident!

    She had an emotionless expression on her face from the first time I saw her to the last. She never expressed a shred of emotion when her sister said she hated her, or when she talked about herself. There were very little shinobi who were like that, the ones who turned cold because of losing people close to them or something caused them to throw away all emotions so they wouldn't be hurt again. She acted exactly like me when I was younger.

    I looked at the back page of the file just to see if their was anything else. My eyes widened significantly. There was no way that was possible!

Mai's POV

    'Ugh!' I mentally groaned, this was the most annoying situation ever. Currently my team and I were waiting for Kakashi, who was late. And I don't mean 10 minutes late, oh no I mean flipping 3 hours late! I'm just glad I decided to eat something this morning. Otherwise I would be starving like my teammates were right now. 

   "Morning everyone," The deadbeat appeared.

   "You're late!" Sakura and Naruto shouted and pointed their fingers at him.

   "Well a black cat crossed my path so I had to go the long way," He said sheepishly.

   Sasuke and I scowled while Naruto and Sakura said," Yeah right."

   "Okay let's get started," Kakashi said and took out an alarm clock and set it to noon. "You guys have a very simple assignment, just take these bells from me." He held up three silver bells. "If you can't get them by noon than you'll be tied to these posts and go without lunch and watch as I eat my lunch in front of you." Everyone groaned at that, I'm glad I ate breakfast.

   My sister decided to speak up," There's four of us. How come there's only 3 bells?"

    "The person who doesn't get a bell will be tied to a post and automatically fail," He replied with a closed eye smile. "You can use any weapons you want and if you're not prepared to kill me, you'll fail."

    "But those weapons are too dangerous!" Sakura exclaimed while I face-palmed. He's a jonin, you'll never be able to touch him.

   "I would be more worried about your safety," He smirked. "When I say start you can begin." Naruto suddenly charged at him with a kunai in hand. I looked at him dully as Kakashi spun around and grabbed his arm that had the kunai. Even if I do like Naruto, that was just stupid. "Don't be in such a hurry, I didn't say start yet. You did come at me with the intent to kill though, I think I'm starting to like you guys." He said. "I can't wait to see what you're made of." He looked straight at me as he said that.