Cookies (Scomarson)

Mason and Mark were on the floor, rolling around as they playfully tussled. Mark sat up, brushing a hand over his ear and straightening it out. "Scotty, can I haz cookie?" He asked his caretaker. "Me tooz!" Mason chimed in. Cookies were Mason and Mark's favorite thing in the whole world, though they constantly wanted one, or two, or three cookies all the time. A deep chuckle was heard from the kitchen, along with a stern 'no.' The Nekos whined and pleaded, only to have Scott appear with a stern gaze. "You will get one cookie, but only after dinner." He said before disappearing into the kitchen. Mason and Mark looked at the time and whined at how far away dinner was. 

Dinner quickly arrived and both Mason and Mark quickly scarfed down their food, bouncing around their chair in excitement once they'd finished. "Close your eyes." Scott instructed his Nekos before getting the cookie jar out of his super secret hiding spot. (It was the tallest cabinet in the kitchen, but shh, don't tell Mason and Mark.) The Nekos squealed in excitement when they got their cookies. They took their time, savoring all the delicious flavors that burst across their tongues as they happily crunched away on their treats. They brushed their teeth  and settled for the night. However, sleep was hard to come by as all the two Nekos thought about were those cookies that still remained.

"Mark?" Mason poked at Mark, who let out a soft purr. "I wanz more cookies." Mark purred in agreement. Mason and Mark rolled out of bed quietly, hoping they wouldn't wake up Scott who was sleeping right next to them. They muffled their giggles as they quietly made their way across the room. A loud snore stopped them in their tracks, their tails waving anxiously and their ears twitching. When all remained silent Mason and Mark scampered out of their rooms and into the kitchen. Once they got into the kitchen they surveyed all the cabinets, wondering which one hid their beloved cookies. Mason pointed to a cabinet that was slightly ajar, shrugging. Mark nodded and they worked together to get a chair to the cabinet. Mark climbed on to the chair, straining to reach the cookies. He lowered himself to the ground, precious cargo held in his hands.

They opened the top of the cookie jar and reached in. Just as the sugary goodness was in their grasps, the light flickered on. Mason and Mark turned around, guilty looks on their faces. Scott leaned against the wall, arms crossed with a look of anger mixed with amusement on his face. "And what," he asked, "Do I have here?" Mark and Mason stumbled over each other trying to explain why they were in the kitchen. "Just go to sleep, you naughty kittens," Scott demanded, too tired to give them a stern talking to. "Can we haz one cookie?" Mason asked, blinking innocently. "No," Scott replied, "now come on, time for bed." Mark and  Mason huffed and whined, but obeyed. They fell asleep to dreams of warm, yummy cookies.