-6-

I opened my eyes and realized it was super dark. When my eyes adjusted, I realized I wasn't in my room. There was an arm around me and I turned over to see Ryder sleeping. Oh yea... I fell asleep in his bed. Whoops.

Wait... What time is it?

I flipped back around to face the wall and found my phone. I checked the time but my phone rudely had its brightness all the way up and blinded me. Ryder shifted and placed his head in the crook of my neck.

"Did my phone wake you?" I asked, still disoriented from my phone.

"Mhmm," he hummed. "What are you doing up?" Oh my god! His morning voice is super sexy. I admit it turned me on a bit and his warm breath fanning my neck wasn't helping.

"I don't know. I just woke up. It's four in the morning."

"Ok. Try to go back to sleep, princess," he whispered huskily. He turned onto his back and I turned over again. I rested my head on his chest and heard his heart beating. It was fast but it was starting to become steady. He wrapped an arm around me and rubbed my back softly. I felt sleepy again. He kissed the top of my head before I completely fell asleep.

——————

"Princess," Ryder whispered in my ear. I yawned and opened my eyes. It was brighter out now. I was still in his arms and I enjoyed it. "Do you want breakfast?"

"Yes, please." He released me and got up. I looked at my phone. It was ten o'clock. I suddenly felt nauseous and ran into the bathroom. I locked the door and leaned over the toilet. I thankfully didn't throw up, but I was left with the uncomfortable feeling of nausea. I walked into the kitchen and saw Ryder leaning against the counter on his phone.

"What would you like to eat?" he asked, sliding his phone into the pocket of his sweatpants.

"Pancakes?" I said more so as a question because I had no idea what he had for food. He nodded and dug through the cabinets, pulling out the stuff he needed. I went into the living room and saw Derik laying on the couch.

He eyed me suspiciously. "You spent the night?"

"I fell asleep after we got back here. So yea, I guess I did. We didn't do anything if that's what you're thinking," I said.

He let out a breath of relief. "Good. You seem cool, unlike the other girls Ryder has hung around. I'd be pissed at him if he screwed things up with you."

"Well, we're just friends."

"You could be more than friends," he said in a way that made me think he wanted me to date his brother. "He likes you, and he doesn't like a lot of people." Yea, I know. He told me he had a crush on me. "Do you like him?"

"I feel like I'm in counseling," I muttered, making him chuckle in amusement. "But I guess I do. As a friend." I added the last part rather quickly. I didn't want Ryder to find out I liked him.

Derik rolled his eyes. "You're a bad liar. I won't tell. I mean, I wasn't even supposed to tell you he liked you more than just a friend." I swear my heart skipped a beat. Knowing that Ryder had told someone, besides me, that he liked me meant he wasn't just joking around. "Hey, Ry." I turn around and see Ryder leaning on the wall with a smirk.

"Hey. What were you two talking about?"

"Not much. I was just asking Sage if she wanted to see some of your baby pictures. Y'know, since you two are close now." Derik was a good liar, but I could tell Ryder was unamused. I had a wide grin on my face.

"Don't worry, I said no," I giggled. "But it would be nice to see baby Ryder." He rolled his eyes. Yea, he was very unamused.

"Pancakes are done," he said shortly. Derik dashed into the kitchen and I followed, but at a normal pace.

After breakfast, Derik left to go hang out with friends.

"So, what do you want to do today?" Ryder asked while I helped him with the dishes.

"We could go to my house. My parents aren't home." And I'd like to use my bathroom to use my pregnancy tests.

"Ok." He got changed into a pair of jeans and a hoodie.

——————

As we walked into my room, I heard meowing. Asia comes crawling out from underneath my bed and struts up to me. She rubs her body against my legs and I giggle. I pick her up and kiss her.

"Oh, how rude of me. Ryder, this is Asia, my cat." He pet her head gently and she purred. "She likes you." He smirks and I set her down. "Wanna watch a movie?"

"Sure."

We decided to watch Harry Potter. In the middle of the movie, Ryder's phone went off. I paused the movie and he got up off the bed, glaring at his phone. He stepped into the hallway and shut the door behind him.

He came back inside. "I have to go. Gang stuff," he hesitated with his words but I nodded. "Can I have your phone for a second?" I hand him my phone and see that he was giving me his number. I text him so he has my number. "Text me whenever." He kissed my forehead before leaving.

I picked up my phone and scrolled through my contacts looking for him. I pressed call and waited for him to pick up the phone.

"Hey, Sage. What's up? Does it have to do with Rick? If it does, don't worry. I've been defending you."

"Greg, that's not why I called. But I appreciate that. Umm... when were you going to tell me you do drugs?"

There was a long, uncomfortable silence. "How do you know?"

"I was with a friend when I saw you paying for some. What kind?" Another long silence. "Greg..." I urged.

"Cocaine." I was pissed at him. Greg always despised Rick for doing drugs but he was a hypocrite. Rick only smoked pot, cocaine is way worse!

"I can't believe you," I said on the verge of tears.

I heard him sigh. "I'm sorry. I'll stop..."

"Don't lie to me. I know you won't!" I snapped. I started crying and I felt so many things; pain, sadness, anger, nausea again. Before he could respond, I hung up and fell to my knees. I was mad at him. He was supposed to be my role model, and I respected him for always avoiding drugs and alcohol, but he was probably lying to me about that too.

I manage to calm down before I had a full on melt down. I grab my purse and bring it into my bathroom. I pull out the tests and wait for the results.

Positive.

I couldn't help the tears that began to fall.

——————

A/N: Surprise! Surprise! Not really. Hmm... what will Ryder think? That is... if she tells him.

Like. Comment. Share. Follow.

I hope y'all are enjoying so far :)