-18-

A/N: PLEASE READ THE WHOLE CHAPTER EVEN IF YOU GET UPSET!!! I promise you that it'll be worth it!
——————————

"R-rick..." I stuttered as I backed away from the door.

He closed the distance with long strides.

I should've shut that stupid door!

He cupped my cheek and I flinched at his touch. He furrowed his brows and growled, "You know I'd never hurt you."

"You have hurt me." I looked at him dead in the eyes. "Multiple times. Get out of my house or I'll call the cops," I said sternly.

"You stupid slut!" He smacked me hard across my face, knocking me onto the floor. "Why would you hide this from me?!"

"Hide what?" I touched my stinging cheek, but I kept a straight face. Maybe he's stupid enough to believe I'm not pregnant.

"My fucking child!" Crap.

"What baby?" I didn't break eye contact nor did I show any emotion, despite the fact that I was internally freaking out.

He squatted down and gripped my throat, but not tightly. "Don't play dumb, sweetheart." He squeezed a little tighter but I could still breathe. He placed his free hand on my stomach. "I know you're pregnant and I know it's mine." He let me go and stood up with a devious grin. "Let's have some fun, shall we?" He unzipped his jeans. I gulped and a shiver went down my spine.

Please... Not again...

——————————
Ryder's POV

I woke up to see that Sage was gone. I went to her bathroom and did my business. As I washed my hands, I saw a drawer that was slightly open. I didn't want to invade her personal privacy, but my curiosity got the best of me. I opened it and my heart stopped. There were three pregnancy tests, all positive. Is she pregnant?

I went back to her room and saw a pregnancy pamphlet on her desk. I took a deep breath and walked over to her nightstand to grab my phone, and that's when I saw a picture sticking out from underneath her lamp. I pulled it out and my heart sank. It was an ultrasound. Memories started to replay in my head. Her nausea, throwing up, headaches, always tired, some mood swings, and now the baggy clothes.

I dropped the picture and clenched my fists. She's fucking pregnant! Why the hell would she hide this from me?! My thoughts drifted to the idea that she had cheated, but she didn't seem like the type of girl who would.

I heard a scream, "Get off me!" Sage. I ran downstairs and saw Sage on the ground almost nude crying and kicking a man away. The guy from the harbor. He was on top of her, pinning her down. "Rick stop! Get away! Ryder!"

"Hush, baby. It won't hurt this time." He was about to pull down her bottoms before I tackled him. "What the fuck, man?!"

"What the hell's wrong with you?!" I pinned him with more strength than I knew I had.

"I can do what I want with her!" I punched him and broke his nose.

"She's not yours!" I growled lowly.

"The slut is carrying my baby! She's mine!"

I punched him harder this time. "Don't call her that!" I was holding back all of my anger. All I wanted to do was beat him to a bloody pulp and then confront Sage.

He pushed me off and walked over to Sage. When I saw that he was about to kick her in the stomach, I sprung up and pulled him into a choke hold. I managed to pin him down again and let it all out. I punched him over and over again.