-13-

It's finally Friday again. Mom and dad are letting me spend the weekend at Ryder's house. Dad really likes Ryder. This whole week Ryder and I have been hanging out at my house and him and my dad have been getting to know each other. Mom likes Ryder too. She says he's a sweet boy and way better than Rick.

I'm almost seven weeks pregnant. My parents made an appointment for me to see the doctor in two weeks.

I hear the doorbell and sprint downstairs. I jump into Ryder's arms, nearly knocking him over.

"Someone's excited," he chuckles. I peck his lips before letting go.

"You could say that." I pick up my backpack and follow Ryder to his grandma's car. "Will I finally get to meet your grandparents?"

"They're home, but they'll be leaving tonight and will be back Sunday night. Of course, Derik will be home... sadly." He mutters the last part.

I giggle, "What's wrong with that?"

He rolls his eyes. "He's annoying and I want to be alone with you."

When we get to his house, I notice another car in the driveway. We step inside and I see an elderly couple in the living room.

"Grandma. Grandpa. I'd like you to meet someone," Ryder says. The couple looks towards us and smile. They get up. "This is my girlfriend, Sage."

His grandma smiles at me and gives me a hug. "It's very nice to meet you, dear. You're very beautiful." I think I may have been blushing, but I smiled at her.

"Unlike the other girls this boy has brought home. Finally he decides to keep one," says his grandpa. I giggle and shake his hand. "But it's nice to meet you."

"It's nice to meet you both." Ryder tugs me towards his room. He locks the door and I set my bag down. "Do you think they like me?"

Ryder pulls me into him and lifts my chin up. "Of course. You're beautiful, kind, and not a slut. I wouldn't care what they thought anyways because I love you and I'm never going to leave you." He pressed a gentle kiss to my forehead and let go of me. He got onto the bed and laid on his back.

I joined him and rested my head on his chest. "How's school?"

"Decent. I don't have to deal with sluts anymore since I've had you. Before, I just had to keep denying them, but now I have a girlfriend and they respect that, but they're sad."

"Sad?"

He smirks and pulls me onto his lap. "Because I'm good in bed."

"Oh..." I blush crimson when I feel something hard. "Uhh..."

"Ignore it. I don't want anything."

"You sure?" He nods and kisses my forehead.

"Ryder!" his grandma yells.

"Yea?"

"We're leaving. We love you."

"I love you guys too." I hear the front door close and I lay on top of Ryder. He turned on his TV and I heard cartoons playing. Ryder adjusted himself so that he was leaning against the wall. I curl up against him and he wraps his arms around me. "I love you, princess."

"I love you too," I mumbled into his chest. I felt tired. Extremely tired. Ryder wouldn't mind if I fell asleep... right? I couldn't keep my eyes open and I finally gave into sleep.

——————————
Ryder's POV

I looked down at Sage. She's adorable when she sleeps. I turned off the TV and my phone vibrated. I got a message from Scotty.

Scotty: Waiting at the harbor

Me: I'll be there asap

Shit! I totally forgot I had a deal today.

I carefully lay Sage down and go into Derik's room. "Keep an eye on her."

"What?" He looked up from his phone.

"Sage. She's in my room sleeping. I have a drug deal. If she wakes up before I get back, tell her I'm picking up food and ask what she wants."

"Alright." He goes back to texting. I roll my eyes and head back to my room. I quietly open my closet and unlock my safe. I pull out the bag of cocaine and lock it. I slide on my leather jacket and get on my motorbike. I drive to the harbor.

I see Scotty and Dante waiting by Scotty's truck. I park next to them. "What's up guys?" I ask to lift the serious mood.

"I got into a fist fight with another gang," Dante said with a shrug. I roll my eyes. He's always getting into fights.

"I've been picking up new clients," said Scotty. He looks towards the group of guys hanging out by the warehouse smoking cigarettes. "Better hurry before they get impatient."

I headed towards the group of guys. I recognized all of them, except one.

"Hey, Ryder," Greg said as he slung his arm around my shoulders. "How's Sage doing?" I couldn't help but notice that his question seemed to have a second meaning, like there's something about Sage I should know about. I'm going to have to pay closer attention.

The guy I didn't recognize observed me and seemed like he could see right through me. I noticed a knife hooked to his belt. Goosebumps ran up my arm. I had to be quick in case I do something that provokes him. Greg mentioning Sage seemed to be the trigger. I wonder if he knows her.

"She's good. She's at my house right now," I said as I kept my eye on this new guy. He looked like he was ready to pounce on me and slit my throat. His glare evoked an emotion I haven't felt in a long time, fear. "Here's the stuff." I handed Greg the bag and he handed me the wad of cash.

I was quick to return to my guys. They must've seen the fear in my eyes because an unsaid question lingered in the air as they stared at me.

"There was a new guy. He looked like he was ready to kill me."

They both exchanged looks. "Probably just another friend of Greg's. Every now and then he brings someone new," said Dante. Scotty nodded. "But this friend might just be more violent." I rolled my eyes. My phone vibrated in my pocket. My heart stopped when I read the message.

Derik: Sage is freaking out
Derik: Get home asap

Me: On my way

I tried to keep my cool, but I was filled with worry. "Ok boys. I have to go. Something's wrong with Sage." They nod and I speed back home praying a cop doesn't pull me over.

——————————

A/N: Yay! Ryder's POV! I wonder who that "new guy" was ;) (It's pretty obvious)

Anyways, Ryder's POV will show up again in probably the most awaited chapter.

Also, a special thanks to @loveJustin2009 @Dbird004 @Giraffe0922 @AbbieHill9 for the support on every chapter. I'm glad you guys are enjoying the story. And credit to @Dbird004 for requesting Ryder's POV.

Like. Comment. Share. Follow.