School Reunion

The TARDIS Team are returning to school where a mysterious conspiracy is lurking right around the corner. However, Willow starts to taste jealousy when she meets one of the Doctor's old friends: Sarah Jane Smith.

***

Two days. Two full days of Willow acting like a part-time librarian in a freaky school. The kids were mostly normal. Some of the teachers were nice while others weren't. She didn't have any understanding of why the Doctor would take up Mickey's suggestion to staking out this school. Nothing seemed very special about it.

In the last few hours, Willow had twelve kids who gave in overdue library books and random geeks plotted all over. Nonetheless, she was happy that some people still enjoyed reading books in the library. 

She was stuck sitting behind a desk though with several files to look through and lots of records to check. During a free period, the Doctor would check up on her though which was nice. However, she could tell some kids thought they were together from how they laughed in the background. Willow only wished it was true.

Whilst reading through one of the files, a young girl came up to the desk to talk to her. "Excuse me, miss?"

She gazed up from her work, acknowledging her. "What is it?"

"Something's wrong with your computer." The girl stated.

At first, Willow did not understand what she meant until she addressed the desktop. It was glitching like mad. "Oh, err..."

"Let me miss." The girl said, coming round the desk to see what she could do. 

"Oh, no. I'm sure I can." Nevertheless, Willow was pushed out the way as the girl started to type ferociously on the keyboard. Several equations appeared on the screen all at once before disappearing.

Suddenly, the screen went black for a few moments before lighting up again. It was fixed. An eleven-year-old girl fixed a computer. "You must come from a very smart family."

"No, not really." The girl responded with a smile before walking away.

"Wait," Willow said, stopping the girl in her tracks. "What's Pi?"

"3.14159265359"

"The speed of light?"

"299792458 metres per second."

"How many days until Christmas... 2020?"

"4,989 days"

She was flabbergasted. How could she know all that without even using a calculator? After this experience, Willow finally realised something was very wrong with this school.

***

The library was usually closed around lunchtime because the headmaster, Mr Finch, declared that every pupil must sit in the canteen for some apparent reason. Willow stood in line, waiting for food to be delivered to her red plastic plate. "Boo!" A voice spoke behind her.

She rotated her head to find the Doctor behind her. "Hey, you! How's teaching kids then?"

"Surprisingly interesting." He shrugged. "One kid though, freakishly smart."

Willow's eyes widened as she glared back at him. "Same with me. This girl fixed my computer and knew the answers to some difficult questions."

"Like what?" 

"How long until 25th December 2020?"

"Wow." They slowly moved down the line as the dinner ladies placed bits of food on their plates, including Rose as she handed them some yellow slop. She threw them a look of disgust and annoyance, hating her job with pride.