Fire with Fire-Ch.8

I tried to swallow. There was a frog lodged into my throat and I had trouble breathing properly. Because apparently, I couldn't believe this person was right in front of me, trapping me into this closet.

"Elaine, you've got a problem." I muttered carefully. Now that I think about it, no one would be able to hear my screams in here. Oh God.

Elaine's face hardened. "No," she spat childishly, eyeing me up. "It's you who has the problem. You're just a parasite. Now that you've sucked all the money out of me dry, you've moved onto new victims. Disgusting." Elaine finished.

I tried to heave a sigh. "Could you just stop? Please, Elaine? There wasn't any money that I stole from you, or anybody. You know my parents are loaded with money. Just stop this."

This person before me was a complete stranger. I wanted to see the old Elaine again. The girl who snorted without a care in the world. The girl who would bawl in tissues beside you, whilst watching sappy romance movies after a bad day.  The girl who was my friend, my funny best friend.

I wanted her back.

"I-I want the old Elaine." I confessed softly. 

Elaine looked like a deer caught in the headlights. Her blue eyes widened in longing and she was clearing her throat as well. Seems like I'm not the only one thinking about good memories.

Trying to give her a hug, I put one hand onto her shoulder, but by then she snapped out of her reverie. She pushed me and then I felt a sharp, stinging pain in my hand, and I immediately cried out in anguish.

I screamed when her nails dug even deeper into my hand. Has she lost the plot?! What in the hell?

"Elaine!" I let out through gritted teeth, "Stop, it hurts! It hurts!" If I thought Blair was capable of murder, what, pray tell, was Elaine capable of?

Even her blue eyes considerably darkened.

"Well, don't you sound like a broken record." she smiled sickeningly. "Stop! It hurts! I-I-I-I want the o-old Elaine." she squealed, trying to mimic me.

She gave me a withered look. "Phee, the old Elaine's gone. Got it? I was never really your friend. I never liked you and I never will. I'm going to get everyone against you, because...." she paused, thinking about. Then a giggle escaped her lips as she shrugged nonchalantly. "Because I can."

She leaned towards me, like she had a secret to tell me, even though we were by ourselves. "Do you know how tormenting it is, when everyone ignores you?" Suddenly realizing what she said, she barked out an ice cold laugh. "What am I saying? Of course you do, you loser. I'm talking to the sleaze of the school." She shook her head, her blond mane bouncing slightly. "Anyway, when they notice how worthy you are, it's like the world is better. Life is better. I want my life and world to be better. Got it?"

"S-so you want the attention!?" I blurted out.

Elaine quickly detached what I thought we're her nails from my hand. I could've sworn they looked like claws. I clumsily fell back in fear of the monster in front of me. Was I imagining things? Did Elaine just have talons? Like some cat or something?

She shook her head at my question, and her eyes seemed to have stopped clouding over. Like the storm was over. 

Now they looked like their normal sky blue hue, but with a tint of sadness in them. "I don't care what you call it." Now her voice was barely a whisper, "I just want to be the girl that everyone talks about."

She gritted her teeth, grabbing my shoulder blade. "And if you say one damn word about who your parents are to ANYBODY, I swear to everything freaking unholy, that I will destroy you!"