Unexpected Surprises Ch.-10

I stepped into Al's Yo-Yo-Yogurt shop and held my breath. A group of kids were wrestling around with each other and a woman was standing behind them, shaking her head with anxiety.

One of the boys had a little hat on his head that had birthday balloons on it.

I tried smiling politely to the woman when her eyes met mine. She blinked at me and curtly turned around. Well then. Someone's snooty. I rolled my eyes and took a seat near the back. If anyone tries to hurt me, I'd be one step ahead of them. The view from the back allowed to me survey everything and everyone in the shop.

Speaking of the shop, why was it so blue and bright? Nearly every nook and cranny of the shop had glitter or a lamp, illuminating the place. As if the people here didn't want darkness.

"Hey you," a voice from beside me called.

I jumped in fear, clutching onto the red table in front of me. "Oh God," I muttered, staring at a familiar face. It was heart shaped and free from any flaws. 

"Blair," I said slowly.

She eyed me carefully, as if I were going to explode. "Nix," Blair laughed. Then in a matter of seconds she grabbed my head and slammed me down on the table.

I held my head, feeling a tsunami of pain circulate around my throbbing head. Blood kept pumping, pumping, pumping and I tried to let out a scream. "Wha-why?" I tried to ask but a blurry Blair stood in front of me, holding a black cape in her hands. I couldn't see anything anymore, something blocked my vision and before I knew it, I was being carried. Then, I blacked out.

_____________________________________________________________________________

"Oww!" I yelled when someone stepped on my hand.

A slightly tall male sat in front of me before he rotated. He was sitting on one of those wheely chairs and I was tempted to hit him until he stopped.

"Where am I?" I screamed, trying to get up. I looked around me and there was a skinny girl behind me. "Who are you! Where am I? I want to go home!" I said even louder, just in case they couldn't understand me the first time.

The girl bent down near my face. "Don't be a bad girl, Nix. We've got you because we want you to do what we say. If you don't follow our orders, then we'll kill you. Got it, Nix?"

I furrowed my brows. "Who's Nix? Look, let me go." I shook my restraints. There were little brown chains hooking me to the floor. I didn't know where the chains came from because I couldn't turn around, but what I did know, was that I wanted to get out.

"Blair, she doesn't remember. God, how hard did you hit her?" the boy asked, slightly pitiful. Why was he pitiful? Is he talking about me, I wondered.

Blair? I tried to remember that name. I tried to dig deeper into my memories but then I felt a pain shoot up my my body. My head started throbbing and a small drop of red fell on my wrist. I tried to look at my forehead, but then I sheepishly closed my eyes. Why was I acting like a kid?

Wait? Did that girl said she'd kill me. I started shouting "Help! Help!" but then she just slapped me. These people obviously want to kill me, I might as well should do what they say.

"All right, what's it going to take for you guys to let me go?" I asked quietly after spitting some blood out of my mouth. I glared at the girl before an image of her standing in a closet entered my head.

Woah. Where did that come from?

I shook my head, as if to shake the thought out. I better not be going crazy.

Blair laughed a little maniacally. "Kill Ash and we'll let you go."

"Ash?" I repeated.

"Yes," the boy said with a wobbly voice. He was staring at Blair, trying hard to not to say something before he just looked at me, again. "Yes," he said more clearly now. 

"Well, what's this Ash guy ever done to you?"

My head snapped to the side and I cried out in pain. My cheek was probably sweltering now with a red mark, this Blair girl wouldn't stop smacking me. It didn't help that she had a ring on.

"None of your business. Just finish him."

I swallowed. My heart was beating rather loudly. I couldn't help but be curious. What did this Ash guy ever do to Blair and this guy, whoever he was? Why can't I remember anything?