The show

Flash forward

"I thought I was flying but maybe I'm dying tonight"
I hummed, walking through the streets. The sun shone down onto my pale face, illuminating it in its glamour. The autumn leaves fell gently through the cold air onto the frosty green grass.
The world felt so free. So peaceful.
"Miss Walker!" a voice called out as I continued my travels. "Miss Walker, what do you have to say about the recent scandal that has surfaced over your apparent mental health issues" A reporter.
I stopped in my tracks, pulling down my sunglasses to look them in the eyes.

"I'll say, I'm a musician, if there wasn't something wrong with me then my songs would be pretty fucking boring."

The world thinks I'm depressed because of my career. They think the pressure of being in the public eye is too much. I'm almost 27 now and everyone seems to be holding their breath, waiting for me to top myself. I won't, of course. I'm not like this because of my career.
I'm like this because of what I lost. Because of what I gave up.

Flash forward over

"so, whatcha wanna do?" I smiled up at Tate, resting my head on his shoulder.
"what on Halloween?" he asked.
I gave a nod in reply. "I've got something in mind." he smiled back.
"it better be good, Langdon. This is our one date a year, make it count" I teased.
"Will do, Walker." he chuckled.
"I wish you could come see me sing tonight." I frowned.
"Me too..."

********

Tonight I was performing, for the first time in a while. Mother always pushed me to do this shit, my only act of defiance was by singing rock instead of the pop crap she wanted from me.
I trembled, walking up onto stage. I was always a naturally shy person but when music started playing, I came alive. I was like someone else entirely.
I took a breath and began. This would be so much easier if Tate was here.

After finishing the set, I was pretty proud. I walked off stage, wanting nothing more than a glass of water and a lift back home.
As I sat down backstage, a tall lean man walked over to me. H was wearing a black suit and his coal black hair was slicked back.
"Miss Walker, hello, I'm Byron Black. I'm a manager here in LA. I must say, you've really peaked my agencies interests. Please, take my card and we'd appreciate if you considered calling us. We could do great thing, Miss Walker. Now I must be on my way, I'm rather busy."
That was sudden.
At least give a girl a chance to warm up, jeez.
I took the card and began my walk home in the dark.
They wanted me? What could the catch possibly be?
I strolled inside, tossing my keys onto the counter. The house was quiet as my family were likely asleep.
I sauntered upstairs and hopped onto my bed. "Howd it go?" a voice sounded from next to me. I jumped, slightly startled by Tate's sudden appearance.
"It was good. Actually some guy... A manager... He gave me his card." I grinned, handing Tate the card.
"I told you you could do it." was all he said.
"Alright, alright, shut up" I laughed, playfully shoving him.
"Man, I'm wiped." I yawned, cuddling up to him.
For some reason, being near him always just made me feel safe... Even if he was usually the most dangerous person in any given room.
I drifted to sleep peacefully. Was everything finally coming together? Could I actually get a happily ever after?

Okay. Sorry for the shitty writing but I'm excited for what's coming, I got some big ideas.
Yall, I'm sad to say that this book is coming to an end BUT I assure you, the end will leave you in tears and hating me... Like all good stories should.
Enjoy >:)