(6) Another Dream

Stuart froze in his place when he felt the warm sensation on his lips. That did not just happen. He looked at Murdoc, who had his eyes tightly closed. Once the initial shock was over, 2D's eyes fluttered shut as well. Just as they did, he was pushed backwards, landing on his rear end. He groaned and looked up at the bassist, who was awkwardly standing above him.

"You done throwing your fit now? Let's go eat." The shorter man walked towards the elevator, his nails once again digging into his side. He honestly did initially kiss 2D just to shut him up. But he felt something when his lips hit the singers. Something he hasn't felt since...well, ever. And he hated it. He hated how it made him feel. So when he was jammed into the elevator with Stu, he refused to look at him. He wouldn't even acknowledge that he was there. Murdoc was so wrapped up in his own pity party that he didn't realize how the taller man was trembling next to him.

Stuart didn't know what to do. His feet moved him into the elevator but he felt like his mind was somewhere else. What had just happened? Murdoc -fucking- Niccals had just kissed him. And then acted like it was nothing. He wanted to ask about it. But 2D could feel the satanist's tense muscles against him, so he kept his mouth shut. He didn't want to risk making him mad and receiving another beating like he had time and time again. So he stood silently next to the shorter man, but in that moment he felt as though he was way smaller.

When the lift stopped and the doors creaked open, Murdoc hurried out into the kitchen. He assembled two lazy looking sandwiches, taking one for himself and leaving the other on the counter. Stuart took this as a sign that it was for him, and quickly took it in his hands. The bassist sat himself down on the couch and turned on the TV while Stu ate his sandwich. He kept his eyes on the random movie that was playing, but he couldn't stop thinking about the blue haired man just feet away from him. Just imagining that kiss again made his heart race. When Stuart finished his food and sat on the opposite side of the couch, Murdoc cleared his throat nervously. He couldn't help but steal glances at the man when he knew he wasn't looking.

2D could feel the bassist eyes burning a whole through him. He tried to keep his breathing steady, but he was freaking out. He needed to know. The questions were bottling up inside him and he felt like he was going to burst if he didn't get them out. He decided it was worth the risk of a hit to the face. He'd been through much worse. "Why'd you do it?"

Murdoc played dumb, but he knew exactly what Stu was talking about. "Do what?"

"Why did you kiss me?" 2D turned all the way to face Murdoc, and he looked him right in the eye. He saw a gentle pink blush creep across the green mans cheeks.

"Ya wouldn't shut up and stop hitting me, Dullard. Had to do somethin." He shrugged and tried his best to play it cool. But 2D saw right though it. He had known him all these years, he could tell for the most part when he was lying.

"That's not it, Mudz." Murdoc practically melted when Stu used his nickname. He liked to pretend he hated it, but it made his heart rate quicken. "I can tell."

Murdoc groaned, irritated that the man had seen through his facade. He still wasn't giving up the truth. "Maybe I'm a little horny, ever thought about it? Been on this island with no birds for god knows how long. It meant nothing, faceache. Drop it."

"But Mudz, I-"

"I said drop it!" The satanist shouted, causing 2Dd to flinch. Murdoc sighed and grabbed a bottle of whiskey off the table, getting up to go to his room. He instructed Cyborg to "escort" Stu off to his room before he disappeared into the dark hallway.