LOG - III

An Addition to my Weird Family

I woke up, now knowing part of my history. I was the sole survivor of the Aegir 575 along with Jeamie.

But I assumed they were just immobilised, not dead. Because I'm optimistic and cool. Praise me.

" Be her ray of hope" Dr.Stace's voice ringed and echoed in my ears.

" Shut up, Stace. I'll come save you lot" I grumbled to myself.

And later that night, I was stargazing yet again when Jeamie joined me, shining that beautiful smile of hers. I took her hand as she sat on my lap, legs crossed as if announcing," This lap is occupied. Stay back" She's the cutest.

I rested my head on her scalp, my chin grazing her hair. She was young.

Too young to experience this...

But life is cruel sometimes and we humans gotta learn to live with that.

" You know something, Jason?" She started, shaking her legs, ultimately vibrating in the same position.

" Isn't tomorrow the day we landed here? I mean almost a year ago?" She asked as if confirming but I was busy occupied why she referred to be my my name and not " Brother" like she usually does.

But I decided to leave it be as we were having a moment.

" I guess it is, Jeamie. You know what? We'll go celebrate. You've never left this place, have you? We'll go on some adventure of some sorts. Explore the bigger place like I do." I whispered, still placing my chin on her head which over it in a bobbling manner.

She was surely annoyed yet, she kept her hands on my head and kept it in place.

" You know I'm a genius even considering you guys, right? I can take care of myself" Jeamie pouted her lips.

I heard the puff.

When night settled in completely and the darkness swallowed the light, she said she had some trouble sleeping and so, she slept on my lap as I went through the data on the intelli Pad.

I put it on her head of course. Why waste energy when you have a portable table with you?

By the time I finished, I was convinced. If I didn't fail on full diving, the circuits wouldn't have fried the system and they wouldn't have had to strand us on Reflection.

" ATACC was actually your personal innovation. A prototype for something much more important, brother." Jeamie had told me. I tried to wrap my head around how I was still alive and young if it was mass produced in the Aegir when it was halfway through the modifications.

The digits showing how many years had passed. It seemed uncanny how I was alive and well.

After choking some more files, I found that I was mostly on cryogenic sleep most of the time unless my presence was involved. On the other hand, Jeamie had only been present sometimes as she set years for events she wasn't planning on missing.

I didn't know how she was this mature...

I mean, she and Stace worked on some groundbreaking things.

How she did that was the next thing to check and so I did.

Programming. She programmed her cryo chamber to relay the events of all the things she needed when she was in the ice.

A derivative of suggestive hypnotism, as it helps you capture the words even while you're asleep.

Feeling tired about a few hours later, I turned to look out the cabin.