Chapter 19: Free

Demi's POV:

I wanted to drop my gun to the ground to stop him from pointing his to Selena's head. Selena had clenched her hands around the arm that was holding her close to him. She kept her eyes on me, I had never seen her this desperate. She did not want to die. Eyes that spoke a million words and at the same time they were affected by simple instincts. The instincts made her full appearance visible. Vague blurred eyes with a grey damaged skin. Making her look skinnier, making her veins pop out, red and thick. My eyes shifted to Bini, who was waving around like a madman. She then made a gesture to shoot to their cell. They somehow knew it wasn't bulletproof, no matter how strong the glass may be. I quickly pointed the gun back at the tall muscled guard. He looked surprised, so did Selena. "No.." She said again, her eyes filling with terrified tears this time. She shook like a lamb. I could see Sage standing in front of the walls of their cell. He was going to use his specialty. The man suddenly frowned, looking confused at me. It was a matter of a second, but it was enough for me. Within an instant my arm moved towards the Penarik's legs, shooting him in is his legs. Within the time that he crouched down due to the pain, my arms now pointed at the opening of the door as I shot 3 times. I could hear the glass breaking and fall on the ground. Selena managed to recover quickly. She snatched the second gun from the guard's hand and started shooting at the cells above us that were occupied by our pack. The remaining Penariks in the other cells started to bang the walls. They wanted to get out, too. "We're not going to risk it." Ketua spoke after jumping to the ground, seeing Selena looking at the raged prisoners. Selena tensed her lips, clearly not agreeing with Ketua's carefulness. She looked at me and gave a nod. All we needed right now was chaos. Chaos to cover up our escape. We both started to shoot towards the cells of the remaining penariks. For a few seconds straight nothing but loud bangs and breaking glass could be heard. The penariks ran out of the cells and started dancing, enjoying their freedom. They yelled and shouted.

Selena's POV:

The freed penariks danced with their arms behind their backs and a part climbed down to the ground from the first floor. A slight smile appeared on my face, amazed by the creatures dancing around of excitement. Members of the anti-pack laughed, running towards the exit. It was a beautiful chaos. But the beauty soon ended when a hand suddenly grabbed the collar of my shirt. I got pulled closer to Ketua, who looked at me angrier than ever. He almost lifted me from the ground. He towered over me as a stream of Penariks passed us. Demi stopped running with them and turned around. "Ketua!" She shouted. There was no time for this, and it was useless as well. A scared facial expression was written on my face at first, but it turned determined afterward. "Why did you disobey me?" He shouted at me. "Isn't it obvious? I'm not your pup anymore, Ketua." I said without a stutter. "You wouldn't want me anyway. I've been detached from my shadows before." "You lied to us!" "I hid the truth, there's a difference." I frowned. I could feel how he started to use his specialty on me. He wanted me to submit to him so badly, why in heaven's name? And then I realized. He had feelings hidden deep within for me. The time he comforted me on the porch of the pack's home was the first time I noticed. "You.." It was probably my specialty. I had noticed how some people were attracted to me even though I didn't direct it to them. He was attracted to me but didn't want to show it. And thus he tried to make me submit to him, to not let his guard down. He forced me to submit, by using his specialty on me. I could feel the sweat breaking on my forehead, but I kept myself together. It didn't work on me anymore. I tried to get free from his grip, but he wouldn't let go of me.

"Let her go. Now." Demi held the killing machine against his head. The gun that saved us all. She saw exactly what was happening. She could read it on my face. How he forced me, how he was attracted to me. She noticed as soon as I did. He almost growled, but Demi held her chin high. "It's over with your forced ranks, Ketua. To us it is." She added. He finally let go of my shirt and looked at Demi as if he wanted to hurt her. "You-" "Not a single word. Run along." Demi didn't have any of it anymore. Ketua gave her one last death stare but luckily started following the rest of the Penariks afterward. I looked at her perplexed, with a smile on my face. "Have I ever told you that I have a badass girlfriend?" I said. She grinned and put her gun back behind her belt. "You can brag about your girlfriend after we escaped this place before we get caught." She replied, grabbing my hand. We started running to the exit of the building.