Chapter 27 - Goodluck

Athena Lemiere

"You already see him again?" Jacob asked as we walked at the garden inside the palace.

"Yeah, yesterday."

"So.. he knows?"

"Yeah, he knows." I nodded.

"Still.. a lucky bastard." He hissed and I smacked his arm.

"You already move on too." I hissed back and he chuckled.

"So.. what brings you here?"

"I just want to see you.. I miss you." I said and he rolled his eyes.

"Miss me? You missed that idiot, not me." I chuckled hearing him say that.

"So.. how's Christine?" I asked.

"She's good." He smiled a little and I smirked. He's an idiot for love now so I don't need to worry about him. We talked for a moment and then I left the palace by lunch time. Today, I decided to drive on my own instead of having my chauffer and guards around.

I just want to be alone.. and besides I got a lot of hates for lying about the marriage to the whole world.

I stopped at the train station and got inside to wait for the train to Brighton. I sat down on one of the benh and looked around. My eyes landed on one familiar person and I just shook my head disbelief.

"If you're trying to blend in with others.. it's not working." I told Xander and he opened his cap turning his face to me.

"Is it too obvious?" He asked and I just nodded. He got up fromt the bench beside mine and walked towards me. He sat beside me and I looked up to the ceiling closing my eyes.

"I saw the news."

"Thanks for reminding." I said coldly because I really don't wanna talk about it.

"Sorry.. didn't mean to talk about it." He said and I turned to him glaring.

"Sad." I gestured a wall and I pointed at him, "You're happy."

"I can't lie about it." He said and I crossed my arms in front of my chest.

"Can you.. just go? I want to be alone." I said and at the same time the train for Brighton arrives. I got up and took my bag with me. I walked inside and so was Xander. I sat down and he sat down a few chairs behind me. I plugged my earphones to my ears and looked outside the window.

It would be a lie if I say that I don't care about what press and all the netizens said. I care and it affected me. The news came out today when I arrived in London and of course Camery tried to handle it as quickly as possible but still I read the comments and the reactions of the people who were expecting us to get married.

I took out a hoodie and my makeup bag from my bag. I got up and walked towards the toilet. I removed all of my makeup and changed my white shirt into my hoodie. I put my hair into a bun and walked out from the toilet.

As I walked back to my seat, I saw Xander was so busy with his phone and suddenly I want him to entertaint me but I told him to get lost earlier. I do have a big pride too.. sometimes. I put my earphones back again and people started to get in but since I booked 2 seats for myself so no one will sit beside me.

I put my masker on to cover my mouth and nose preventing people to recognizing me. Suddenly Xander came and sat beside me, I raised my eyebrows looking at him.

"I never thought you will go to Brighton so.. I didn't have the chance to buy the whole tickets." He said and I scoffed disbelief. I put my legs up and hugged it. I looked outside and kept waiting for the train to go.

"Are you mad at me now?" Xander asked and I ignored it. He suddenly slipped his hand to mine intertwining it but I let it go right away.

"I'm not in the mood to joke around, Redent." I said coldly and he stopped bothering me. I closed my eyes and I guess.. I went to dreamland.

"Athena.. Athena.." I opened my eyes slowly and looked around.

"We're here." Xander said and I got up from my seat. I followed Xander going out from the train but I'm still a little tipsy because I'm still not fully awake.

"Let's go, beautiful." Xander grabbed my hand and pulled me out from the station. I rubbed my eyes and then I looked around.

"Where do you want to go?" He asked and I'm trying to find my car that my secretary already prepare for me. I took out the car key and walked towards the middle and found it.

"Let me drive.. where do you want to go?" Xander asked and I threw the key to him.

"To the beach." I said and I walked towards my car. I got inside on the passenger seat and Xander got into the driver seat. I put on my seatbelt and Xander started the car.

He drove out from the station and go towards the beach. He doesn't need any navigation so I'm assuming he went here a lot.

"Are you going to stay here or going back to London?" He asked me suddenly.

"I wannt stay here.. for a couple of days." I said.

"Have you book a hotel yet?"

"No." I said truthfully because I just planned going to Brighton when I arrived in London.

"You can stay at my house." He said and I nodded.

"Still in a badmood?"

"Yeah.. a little bit."

"I'm going to.. cheer you up." He said and it made me turn to him.

"Goodluck with that.. when I'm in a badmood, no ones ever succeed to make me feel better." I said because that's the truth. I need time instead of someone cheerig me up.

"I will be the first one to make you feel better." He said confidently.

"Goodluck with that."

"I bet I can.. if I can, will you grant me a wish?" He asked and I nodded.

"I will.. but only one wish.." I said and he smiled nodding.

"Goodluck, Redent."